12. Bail Money ♡︎

Monday, March 26

Monday, March 26

"Charlie!" Ritchie walked straight into his house because the door wasn't locked.

"I'm upstairs!" He called from his bedroom.

Ritchie kicked her shoes off and took the stairs two at a time, heading to his bedroom.

"You almost ready?" She stood in the doorway.

"Yeah, just needa finish my hair," he was standing in the mirror brushing his thick curly hair back into a low ponytail.

"You said you'd be done by the time I got here."

"You need to work on your patience Ritch. I literally need two more seconds," he picked up a small black hair tie to secure the ponytail. "Cause look, I'm done."

"You're driving by the way."

"The hell I am. That was the whole point of you coming to pick me up."

"Charlie, you invited me to this shit. You can even drive my car if you want, but you're driving."

"What did you drive?" He was more inclined to take her up on the offer depending on what car she'd driven over there.

"The Bentley."

"Shit. You don't have to tell me twice," he reached for the key in her hand. "Now let's go before we're late."

"With you driving ain't nobody gonna be late," she turned off the light in his bedroom since he didn't do it and followed him back down the steps.

"Is Mathew excited about tonight?" Ritchie asked when they were in the car.

They were headed to the annual Diaphanous Angels Fashion Show for a high-fashion lingerie brand. And that year was Mathew's first year working the show as a hair stylist, which is a huge step in his styling career.

"Hella excited, but also super nervous. So last night we watched all his favorite comfort movies together. We had a really chill night, and then I cooked him breakfast in bed this morning before I left for work."

"Awwe, y'all so cute," Ritchie smiled looking at how big Charles was smiling.

"I'm so proud of him for real. And I just really love him," Charles was blushing now. "Like you don't even know."

"Oh I know babe. I see it in the way you talk about him and the way you look at him. I didn't think there could be a more annoying couple than Mira and Randy, but y'all might actually be it."

"We're not even annoying like that. You just jealous."

"A little bit," she answered very truthfully.

"Don't worry sis," Charles held his hand out and Ritchie took it. "You gonna find your girl soon. I just know it."

"I love you Charlie," she was trying not to get all emotional, but her brother really is like her best friend. He understands her in a way no one else ever will.