15. Backbone ♡︎

"You don't have work today?" Zora asked Ritchie

They were cuddled up on the couch watching TV because Zora had already made up her mind that she wasn't going into work that morning. Charlie had called her about a million times asking where she was, but she simply responded to him with a text message saying that she wouldn't be coming in and that he could leave if he wants to.

"It's not like I have set work hours," Ritchie responded. "So no, I don't technically have work until later on this evening," she shifted so she was laying with her head on Zora's lap, looking up at her.

"So what does a typical day look like for you if you don't have a schedule?"

"I have a schedule, it's just not as routine as yours. And there is no 'typical day' because every day can look different for me. Honestly, it can be a lot at times, but my assistant makes sure I stay on top of my shit most of the time."

"You have an assistant?"

"Of course I do," Ritchie laughed. "Wouldn't be able to get shit done if I didn't. She keeps up with my calendar, schedules my meetings with artists, studio sessions, events. She does all that shit."

"So you have a Charles?"

"Ehhh... in a way I guess you can say that. But I don't see her every day. Hell, sometimes I don't see her for weeks at a time until we do our lil monthly meeting things."

"How do you do that? I can't function without a strict schedule. Seriously, ask Charles. Whenever my schedule changes it makes me extremely anxious."

"People love to call me chaotic, so I don't know," Ritchie shrugged. "Can't really explain how, but it just works for me-- most of the time at least."

"I don't think you're chaotic."

"Now Zora," Ritchie glared at her. "You specifically have called me chaotic at least five times to my face. And that's actually one of the nicer things you've said about me."

"Well... that was before I actually knew you."

"Oh?" Ritchie smirked up at her from where she was still laying on her lap. "So you think you know me now is what you're saying?"

"A little bit," Zora ran her thumb across Ritchie's cheek. "I like you Rebecca, and I'd like to get to know you a lot more. I kinda wish I'd given you a chance sooner actually."

"Damn, I really got you pussy whipped--"

"Oh my God," Zora playfully pushed Ritchie out of her lap and she fell onto the floor. "Now why you have to say that shit? You couldn't just let us have a cute moment, could you?"

"I'm just playing," Ritchie got up and sat back down next to Zora. "I like you too Zora. But," she put emphasis on that last word.

"God," Zora muttered. "What now?"