35. Aston Martin ♡︎

"I just got here," Zora disconnected her phone from the Bluetooth and held it to her ear when she made it to Ritchie's house later on

"How was your lunch date withhh..." Ritchie hesitated because she couldn't remember the girl's name for the life of her.

"Lila," Zora reminded her for what felt like the millionth time.

Lila is the head of the marketing team, but she's also become a good friend of Zora's over the three years they've been working together. Actually, Zora's only real friends are the people she works closely with on a regular basis. Because outside of Luxe Beauté, she doesn't really have many friends— she knows tons of people, she just isn't close to any of them.

It doesn't bother her though, because she's never been a person to want or need a lot of friends to feel content in life. As long as she has one or two people in her life she knows she can depend on, she's good.

"Lila, right," Ritchie nodded her head as if Zora could see her through the phone. "My bad. You know I'm bad with names."

"You're bad with everything. Your memory is terrible Ritchie."

"But I remember the important things, and that's all that matters. But I'm like two seconds away so I'll just see you when I pull up."

"Okay," Zora said before they ended the call. She threw her Fendi tote bag over her shoulder and stood outside of her car waiting for Ritchie to get there.

And she stood there for a less than a minute when Ritchie came driving up in a red and black Aston Martin Valkyrie— which she immediately recognized was her father's.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Zora's eyes were wide when she saw the car. "What the hell is this?"

"I look good next to this car, don't I?" Ritchie said once she climbed out of the very small coup and stood next to it, admiring how beautiful the sort of futuristic style vehicle looks up close.

"Ritchie... why the fuck are you driving my dad's car?" Zora completely ignored her question.

"Why do you assume it's your dad's car?"

"I can count how many of these cars I've seen in my life. One... I've literally only seen one of these cars before."

"Jacque let me borrow it for the day," Ritchie shrugged.

"Ohhh, no," Zora shook her head, followed by a slight laugh. "My father doesn't just 'let' people drive his cars— especially not this one. Ritch, what did you do? Did you steal it?" She whispered, only half-jokingly.

"Babe, let's calm down," Ritchie laughed.

"I am calm. But you cannot drive this car, and I'm so serious. You gotta keep it parked in the garage and let him come pick it up or something."