2. Lasting Impressions ♡︎

Later That Night

Later That Night

"You look good," Ritchie got into her brother's car when he came back to pick her up.

"Thanks. And didn't I tell you not to wear jeans?" Charles looked over at her.

"They're clearly not jeans," she rubbed her hands across the black slacks she was wearing, with a matching blazer to go along with it.

"Hmm," he hummed, looking her over once again, this time taking in the accessories she was wearing. "A new watch?"

"Yeah. You like it?" She held her left wrist up, the diamonds on the Richard Mille watch, Blue Nile bracelets, and rings she paired it with still moving around even in the poorly lit vehicle.

"How many watches can one person own? And why are you still wearing these fucking shades? I know the whole mysterious thing is your signature look or whatever, but it's literally nighttime."

"Charlie?" She said in a pretty high-pitched voice, flashing him a very fake smile.

"Ritchie?" He repeated in the same exact manner.

"What did I tell you earlier when you asked me that same question?"

"To mind my business?"

"Mmmhm... exactly. So why aren't you doing that?" She pulled her phone out and opened up Candy's text message thread.

She sent the girl a message that read:

'I'm going to some event thing with Charlie. I'll come over later tonight to see you, so don't go to sleep.'

"You got fucked up, didn't you?" Charlie shook his head.

"Why is that your automatic assumption?"

"Cause I know you. Just tell me that whoever it was, you ain't bruise her up too bad?"

"The bitch will be fine," Ritchie brushed her long curly hair back behind her shoulders to get it out of her face. "I promise she won't try shit with me again though."

"You do realize you're over thirty now, right? Why you still out here fighting?"

"I never start shit, but bitches always seem to have a problem with me."

"Cause you always with somebody's girl."

"Don't do that. Candy's not even with her no more."

"Was she not when y'all started dating?"

"I didn't know she was with anybody, so that's not on me. And I'm damn sure not dating Candy's ass, so I don't know where the fuck you keep getting that idea from," she laughed. "You on crack if you think I'd actually wife that bitch."

"Then why are you fucking with her?"

"I think we both know why..." she gave her brother a very knowing look.