32. Baby Names ♡︎

Thursday, June 28th Luxe Beauté, Los Angeles

Thursday, June 28th
Luxe Beauté, Los Angeles

"Oh, you look so pretty," Zora had a very excited smile on her face when she walked into the dressing room to see the makeup artists and hairstylists were almost done getting Yoaly ready.

The girl was currently getting ready for one of many photoshoots she'd be doing for the Luxe Beauté brand now that Zora has made her the new face of her brand. This photoshoot, in particular, was for the cover of 'Beautifiqué Magazine'— of which Zora just so happens to be a very influential investing partner.

Could they have found someone else for the cover? Of course they could. Actually, they had models lined up already, but Zora has grown to really like Yoaly the last few weeks. And because she has the power to make it happen, what's a better way to get her name and music out there than to have her face posted on billboards, social media ads, magazine pages, and her being the newest face of Luxe Beauté.

"Thanks... I'm hella nervous though," Yoaly's leg was bouncing up and down in the chair she was sitting on. It was obvious the makeup artist was getting a bit frustrated with her, but she understood Yoaly being nervous for her first big shoot, so she didn't say anything.

"Why are you nervous?" Zora asked her.

"I've never done a photoshoot before. And for the cover of Beautifiqué Magazine? Of course I'm nervous." 

"It's okay to be nervous Yoaly," she held her hands out once the glam people were done and the girl took them. "But this will be good for you. I promise."

"I know," she nodded her head. "Thank you, Zora. Like for real, I don't even know how to thank you and Ritchie for everything you guys have done for me the last few weeks. For real, you ain't have to do none of this for me Zora."

"I know I don't have to, but I am very aware of what position I'm in. I'm gonna do everything in my power to help women coming up after me. I want us to all be successful. I want us to all thrive. And I know you have a lot of potential Yoaly because if you didn't, Ritchie would have never agreed to work with you."

"I wanna be like you, Zora. And I'm not even talking about the money part either. You're such a genuine person, and that's hard to come by, especially for someone who has as much power as you do."

"And you will be," Zora squeezed her hands just a bit tighter before letting them go. "Actually, I want you to be better than me."

Even though it's not very likely that Yoaly, or anyone else for that matter, will surpass Zora and the international name she and her company have made for herself, she wishes nothing less for any of the young women she knows coming up after her.