39. Anniversary ♡︎

March 31, 2019Santorini, Greece

March 31, 2019
Santorini, Greece

Before they knew it, Ritchie and Zora had made it to their six-month anniversary, and in the blink of an eye, they'd made it to one year. It's been an entire year since Ritchie and Zora's first date in Las Vegas. And for the both of them, it had been the best year of their lives.

Of course, there were slight disagreements, petty fights, and arguments here and there— but that's normal. Nothing in life is ever going to be completely perfect, and they are not an exception to that rule. But they possess what a lot of other couples lack that prevents them from even making it to the one-year point. When it comes to a healthy and successful relationship, you need more than just love— because love doesn't mean anything unless there's also loyalty, good communication, mutual understanding, respect, trust, honesty, and genuine support to go along with it. And Zora and Ritchie? Well, they've mastered all of these things in a very short amount of time.

And beyond that, they've developed a pretty strong support system along the way too, thanks to their families. Once the drama centered around Zora and her parents' very... 'unconventional' relationship calmed-- once Adeline realized that it is in fact Zora's life and not hers to live vicariously through, things between them got so much better.

Zora's parents even flew out to Connecticut with them to spend Thanksgiving with Ritchie's family. And then in December, Ritchie's family spent Christmas with Zora's.

And ever since Adeline made that step in filing for a divorce, she's been a much happier woman. It's not yet legal though. There's still a lot of litigation and court dates to get through because they have a very long history of lucrative investments and businesses together that goes past just 'splitting it 50/50.' The one thing Zora was glad about though, is that it isn't a messy divorce. Her parents make much better friends than they ever did lovers, and the past few months have definitely proved that.

Needless to say, this past year of Zora's life has been crazy as hell, but it's also the happiest she's ever been. She went from thinking she never deserved to find genuine happiness and love— she went from thinking she didn't deserve better for herself to being with a woman who treats her like an absolute queen. To being with a woman who is patient with her. Who is soft with her. Who is protective of her and makes her feel safe and comfortable above everything else.

"I can't believe we really been together a whole year," Ritchie lifted her champagne glass up and Zora clinked it against hers.

They were currently sitting by the pool of a luxury superyacht, sailing on the Aegean Sea off the coast of Santorini Greece. It was evening and the sun was setting, giving everything a beautiful golden hue. It was like a scene out of a movie, and of all the places Ritchie has visited in her life, that was definitely the most beautiful sunset she's ever experienced in her life.