26. Caribbean Sunrise ♡︎

El West Lado Record, Los AngelesTuesday, April 10th

Tuesday, April 10th

"Hey Yoaly," Ritchie stepped to the side and let her into her studio room.

"What's up Ritchie," she shrugged her purse off and sat it on the couch. "You smell good. What is that?"

"Thank you. It's Paris Baccarat Rouge 540," Ritchie answered as she closed the door back behind the girl.

"What? Yeah, that sounds expensive as hell, so never mind," she shook her head.

"I have like three of them, so I'll give you one. Just remind me cause my memory is real bad," Ritchie stopped by the fridge and got Yoaly a bottle of water before taking her seat back at her workstation.

"What's that song you just had playing in here?" Yoaly asked after thanking her for both the water and for offering to give up an extra bottle of her favorite perfume for her.

"What song?" Ritchie pretended she didn't know what she was talking about.

"The song you was literally just playing two seconds ago. Something about 'Cause baby, you're beautiful, just like a Caribbean sunrise' or something like that. It was playing real low so I ain't hear it too good."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Do you think I'm stupid? I know you work with hella artist, so you ain't gotta lie. I just never heard her voice before. She new like me? Cause she sound good as hell, might just give me a run for my money."

"It uh... that was actually me," Ritchie hesitated to admit it for some reason. She doesn't let too many people know she can sing. Ritchie isn't self-conscious about a lot, but her voice is definitely at the top of that very short list.

"You fucking liar," Yoaly exclaimed. "You told me you couldn't sing."

"I technically never said that. I said I don't sing, which I don't. So that's not a lie."

"But why not? You have a pretty ass voice to be sitting up in a studio making beats and instrumentals."

"But I like what I do. I never wanted to be a singer or a rapper."

"You could be huge though."

"I'm very content doing what I'm doing right now."

"You wrote it for somebody?" Yoaly asked. "That song?"

"Something like that."

"I can tell. It sounds pretty personal."

"It's not personal," Ritchie lied.

"I feel like you're lying. It felt personal," Yoaly walked over to her bag on the couch to get her iPad. "Let me hear it. The whole song."

"No."