3. Entitled ♡︎

The Next MorningSaturday

The Next Morning
Saturday

Zora woke up the next morning like the events of the previous night had never even happened. She didn't drink, so she wasn't hungover, and the party ended at a decent hour so she was still able to wake up at her usual time of 6am to workout, stretch, and meditate before getting ready for her day.

After all of that and a shower, Zora tied a silk white robe around her freshly moisturized body and slid her feet into her fluffy Louis Vuitton slippers before heading downstairs to make her morning coffee.

"What are you doing here?" Zora was surprised to see her cousin, Winter, leaning over the marble countertop with a mug of tea in one hand and her cellphone in the other. "I thought you left with what's his name last night?"

The two live together, and have since they each moved out of their family homes. They don't live together because they have to, but because they want to. They've inseparable their whole lives, and clearly time hasn't changed that one bit. Zora occupies the East wing of the estate while Winter resides in the west.

"I did. But I didn't spend the whole night over there."

"What happened?" Zora walked over to the cabinet and got her favorite mug before placing it under the espresso machine.

"Nothing happened. I just didn't wanna stay. I like sleeping in my own bed at night."

"Clearly he likes sleeping in your bed at night too."

"Oh my God," Winter almost choked on her tea. "I didn't think you knew about that."

"There's cameras all over the property. How could I possibly not know there's been a strange man coming in and out of the gate at all hours of the night?"

"Anyway," Winter cleared her throat. "Someone sent something for you," she motioned her head to the table sitting by the bay window. "I met a delivery man at the gate and he said someone special wanted it hand delivered to you but I told him I'd take it."

There was a large black box with gold ribbon tied around it forming into a bow at the center with an off-white envelope tucked under it. And next to the box was a tall vase of red roses. Zora doesn't particularly love roses, but it seems to be the only type of flowers she ever receives— especially since no one's ever taken the two seconds to ask her what her preference is.

"Who's it from?" Zora walked to the fridge to get her sugar free caramel to add in her coffee.

"It's from... Claire," Winter announced when she walked over and read the name on the card's envelope.

"Why the hell is she sending me anything?" Zora immediately forgot all about her coffee and went over to the table.

"The hell if I know," Winter shrugged.