20. Takeoff ♡︎

Friday Evening March 30th

Friday Evening
March 30th

"Why didn't you tell me you're going on a date with Zora?" Was the first thing Charles asked when Ritchie opened up her front door that evening.

"Hello Charlie, how are you?" She said very sarcastically as she stepped to the side, letting him in. "I'm doing great, by the way. Thank you so much for asking."

"Ritch stop playing with me right now. When the fuck did this happen between y'all, and why the fuck did I not know?"

"Cause you talk too damn much," she closed and locked the door back. "That's for one."

"I'm confused," Charles said as he took his shoes off before going into the living room to sit on the couch. "What happened between Monday evening and now why I'm just now finding out y'all are dating."

"Well, we're not dating," Ritchie replied. "So why would I tell you that we are?"

"Y'all are annoying as fuck," Charles sat up to the coffee table. He took out a small jar of Indica buds and a grinder that he knows Ritchie keeps in a little box hidden away behind one of the table's doors.

"How are we annoying for not telling you our business?" She laid down on the couch and just watched him.

"That's not why. Y'all annoying cause it's so obvious y'all been liking each other for a while now but steady been playing games."

"Been?" Ritchie drew out the word. "Oh I don't know about been, let's calm down babe."

"You can deny it if you want to. But the tension between y'all... it was intense. I think that's maybe why y'all ain't never get along, cause you really wanted to be hunching each other the whole time."

"Oh you're actually hilarious Charlie, you know that? You sure you ain't already high?"

"I'm not even tryna be funny right now Ritch. I'm being deadass," he turned his head to look at her so she knew he was serious about what he'd just said. "You can't tell me that you never thought about Zora like that?"

"We're changing the subject now," Ritchie sat up.

"No, we're not. Why don't you just admit it?"

"Why do you care so much? Plus, she had that whole thing going on with Claire that whole time anyway, so does it really matter?"

"So you were interested in her?"

"You wouldn't get it, Charlie," she got up and went to the kitchen to get them something to drink.

"You do realize I'm twenty-five, not fifteen? Don't tell me I wouldn't get it, don't be like that."

"I'm not being any kind of way. You wouldn't get it cause I don't even understand it myself. I was... I thought she was a very interesting person, but then every time we'd interact I'd instantly be reminded why I never actually acted on it."