49. Time Jump ♡︎

*** Four Years Later ***01 December 2023

01 December 2023

"Alright mama, everything looks good," Ritchie's OB informed her near the end of her 36-week checkup.

Ritchie had gone to this appointment alone because Zora had a business meeting scheduled and then would be going to pick up their three other kids from school right after that. Zora told Ritchie that she'd move her schedule around to try and come, but Ritchie told her not to. It was just a quick checkup that she'd be doing weekly until the baby finally comes. And because this is Ritchie's second time being pregnant, the third baby she's going to give birth to, and their fourth child together, she felt like she was well prepared.

"Did you have any questions or concerns you wanted to ask me about before you go?" The OB looked over Ritchie's files once more to make sure she didn't miss anything.

"No, everything has been great so far. It's been a really easy pregnancy. I'm just ready to meet my baby boy, that's it."

"That's amazing. You know I love hearing that," her doctor genuinely smiled. "And I remember when we met two weeks ago you said you were still working. Have you decided if you want to start your maternity leave yet, or are you going to work up until baby Jazz gets here?"

"I've mostly been working from home these last couple of months, so I think I'm gonna keep doing that until I give birth."

"Well, your job isn't physically demanding, so its okay to keep working up until you go into labor. You know your body better than anyone else, so only you can judge when it's time. Just make sure you don't overexert yourself trying to do too much at this point in your pregnancy. Make sure you're still getting lots of rest because you know you'll need it."

"I've been resting a lot, don't worry. My wife makes sure of it," Ritchie stressed that part because Zora monitors everything she does while pregnant. "But I feel like once you've carried twins everything else is a breeze after that. I feel like I could run a marathon right now, even with this big ole belly in the way."

"Most of my twin moms say that," she laughed. "But if you don't have any questions or concerns, then I'll see you next week, okay?"

"I'll see you next week then," Ritchie accepted the doctor's outstretched hand to help her down off of the exam table. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," she gave her one final smile before leaving out of the room.

Ritchie pulled her jacket back on, leaving it unzipped because it wouldn't close over her bump, and pulled her bag up on her shoulder before heading to the front desk to confirm her appointment for the next week.

"Hija!" Mariana, Ritchie's mom, greeted her daughter when she finally picked up the phone. "¿Quiubo? What have you been up to?"

"Hi Mami," Ritchie answered as she unlocked the doors to her Rolls Royce Cullinan SUV and slid into the drivers seat, protectively holding onto her belly until she was in her seat comfortably with her seatbelt on. "I just came from my 36 week check-up."