Chapter 5

Callie's POV
I change into an undershirt and start unpacking, putting my clothes in the closet, sheets on the bed, etc. I am putting my books on this high shelf in my closet. I am shorter, so I climbed onto a basket trying to hold my balance. I hear my door open "Grayson?" I call out "No just Manny," he says opening the closet door, "Hey get down from there," he says panicked "It's f-fine, whoa," I say slipping off. I close my eyes "Watch out" I hear as I close my eyes.

I feel myself falling on something I open my eyes to see Manny under me. "You okay," he asks concerned "Yeah I'm okay," I say starting to sit up "Wait no don't" he cuts off when I sit up on him and I feel something poking me "Huhn" I gasp out. I turn red from the sound I made, and he is red from the situation, I look down at him and I can feel his hand snake around my waist. "Callie" I hear Grayson from downstairs "Shit," I say getting up and him getting up.

I then hear my door open "Stay" I whisper to him leaving the closet and turning off the light. "Hey, Grayson," I say trying to sound normal "Hey sis like what you've done," he says checking out the room moving towards the closet. "GRAYSON," I say loudly. "What are you okay," he asks concerned "Um I-I just started my period I need you to go to the store and get pad like right now," I say handing him money "Oh okay sis I'll be back soon," he says leaving the room. I wait until I hear the car pull out and then I head to the closet, "Hey he's gone" I say opening the door. Looking at a flustered Manny "Um- Thanks Callie" he says covering up, "Yeah no problem" I say looking away. He gets out of the closet and scurries off to his room through our bathroom.

It has been a week since the closet Manny and I haven't talked to each other and I told Grayson that my period was a false alarm, so I have extra pads now. "Callie, Callie" I snap out of my thoughts when I feel myself being nudged. I turn my head and see Jackie and Jane sitting on each side of me "Oh hey what are you guys doing here" I ask, "Manny told us Ya'll have this class and we're bored you want to get out of here" Jane asks. "Yeah, sure this class is super easy," I say.

"Jackie grabs my hand and slowly leads me out of the class. We get out of the class and Manny is already waiting outside "What took you guys so long" he says until he sees me "Well let's get going little ones" he says jingling his car keys "We're not that much younger than you" Jane says "Yeah we're all 18 or older here" Jackie says "Not Callie she said that she's 17" Manny says "I'm not anymore" I say and everyone stops "What do you mean" Jane asks "My birthday's today Grayson just didn't remember" I say nudging it off. I see Manny look down at his phone "Well happy birthday" Manny says "I just remembered that I have to do something, so here Jackie don't mess up the car" he says handing Jackie the keys and running off.

A/n photo above is how i imagine Jackie and Jane look like ✨