Chapter 39

Kai's POV
I climbed over the fence and now I'm making my way toward an abandoned building. I walk in and see Callie sitting at the window smoking a cigarette. "Those aren't good for you," I say taking it from her. "You had them in your car," she says handing me the keys. "I'm aware they're not for me," I say sitting beside her and showing her the snacks. We sit in silence for a couple of minutes until I finally speak up.

"You know you can't stay mad forever" I break the silence, she huffs "Yeah I know I-I just don't understand what's going on why did he bring me in if he thought it was a mistake I could've gotten a house by myself," she says sinking into my shirt. "Have you guys put some type of rules down?" I ask her and she looks at me confused. I look back at her "When I lived with my sister we laid down rules like if she came home drunk three times I'd leave and hers was if I didn't help around the house she'd kick me out" I say and I see Callie's mind going. "Oh, so something like if he treats me like a child more than three times I'm leaving," she asks.

"Yeah exactly like that and he could add a rule of his own and then you guys can slowly patch things up." I say and she nods her head, "Does it have to be today" she mumbles "No how about you stay with me again and we can go tomorrow and anytime your feeling overwhelmed over there you can stay at my house I might move out anyways" I say and she has a sad look on her face. "So I wouldn't see you as much," she asks and makes my heart jump. "Um well no you could see me whenever you want just call and I'll be there," I say feeling hot, She smiles and nods.

We stay there talking again for hours. "Wow really I didn't take you for being scared of thunder and lightning type," I  say surprised "It's from childhood trauma, "nonchalant. "Oh back to what you said,  let me get this straight you have nine siblings all from the same parents damn your mom's vagina must be destroyed," she says making me cringe "Let's not talk about my mom's vagina ever," I say disgusted. "But yes there are my older sisters the triplets, the middle triplet which is me and my brother and my sis-"

"Wait a damn minute you are a triplet," she says cutting me off and making me laugh. "Oh yeah not many people know that but yes and then after that is the younger twin brothers and last is my baby sister" I finish up and she looks at me in complete shock. I smile at her, and then she looks out the window. "Oh look the sun is setting" she points out. "Come on let's get going before it gets dark," I say "Yeah oh wait how did you get here," she asks. "I came in Grayson's car" I chuckle and she looks at me surprised. "Hey want to race to see who gets back the fastest," she asks "No I'm good," I say "What afraid you'd be beaten again," she asks "No it's because it's your brother's car and not a racing car," I say and she chuckles "That's fair".

Callie's POV
We start driving back and I am behind Kai following him home. I reflect on today I can't believe I had two panic attacks in one day and that I snapped on Eric, he was just going down on me the other day. I think back to everything and I noticed that Kai was there for so much of it. "I'm so happy I beat him at the race," I say to myself. I'm also glad that I'm going to try and patch things up with Grayson. I feel a little sting in my heart when I think back to Kai's words. "I might move out anyways" rings in my head. I wish I could do something so he doesn't move out and why all of a sudden. Did I do something wrong, I feel myself going into a downward spiral. I snap out of it and take a deep breath I don't want to have a panic attack while driving.