Chapter 36

Kai's POV
I close the door seeing Grayson leave and run back to the room "Where the hell are you" I ask loudly and I then hear muffled banging in the closet. I open the closet and hear the banging coming from my attic, "What the hell Callie" I say pushing the top-up. "What I had to hide somewhere," she says. She pulls her legs out I grab onto her guiding her down, "Thank you" she says once she's on the ground "Yeah no problem, um I'm gonna go dry our clothes and we can get them when we come back" I say and she looks at me surprised. "I can come back," she asks and I chuckle "only if you'd like," I say and she nods enthusiastically "Well if you are going to stay here keep your location off," I say grabbing the clothes and going to my dryer.

Callie's POV
A couple of minutes have passed and we're all dressed and leaving the house. "Oh hey is there a chance you have any sunglasses I ask Kai. We get in the car "um there are these" he says giving me his Morbius from matrix sunglasses. "Awesome thanks," I say putting them on, thus completing my outfit. We get to the warehouse at the same time Eric does. I don't know why I feel nervous. I guess Kai noticed "Hey it's okay don't think of him as your ex but more as your boss," he says placing his hand on mine. I nod my head but truthfully that's not why I'm nervous. We get out of the car and immediately I feel Eric's eyes on me. "Kai I-i don't think-"

"Hey it's okay we can just get to work and not worry about what's going on," he says grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. Before I go inside I look at Eric he's wearing a black button-up and black pants it's a plain outfit but looks great on him, we get inside and everyone is looking at me and Kai "Oh right everyone this is the new guy, he will stay with me if you need him you come to me directly understood" I say and everyone nods "Good back to work" I say and everyone goes back to what they were doing. "So your not the boss but everyone listens to you," Kai asks.

"She beat them all in races and now she's my second hand" I hear Eric say behind us "Um yeah they didn't respect me at first," I say "Speaking of second hand I need to speak to you," he says and then takes his leave. "O-okay I'll be right there," I say nervous "um I gotta- can you bring the race car around to the back I want to work on it with you," I say and he nods. I am able to catch up to Eric "Boss hold up" I say jogging up to him. I place my hand on his shoulder and he abruptly stops. "You okay," I ask confused. "I don't need you anymore go to work," he says sounding upset. "Are you upset?" I ask "Just do what you're told you child" he snaps, and I feel my anger rising causing me to storm away. I go outside to the back to see Kai getting out of the car.

"So what did you want to do to the car," he asks and then he looks at me and sees me clearly upset. "Hey what's-" "we're giving it a whole new look," I say cutting him off. One of Eric's number one rules is do not change things without telling him, if he wants to be an asshole I can be one right back. "Are you sure?" he asks and I nod my head "Yeah and I already know what I want to do" I say heading inside and getting all the stuff we need. "Cal- Cassie should we be changing the car after all isn't it the one that Eric drives the most," Kai asks. "Don't worry Kai I know exactly what I'm doing if you don't want to help I understand" I say through gritted teeth. "No of course I'll help you," he says grabbing a mask and putting it on. I share my vision with him and he adds a few stuff and we begin working.

Hours have gone by with a lot of energy drinks and music we are finally done "Okay let's take a step back and check it out" Kai says, I nod in response; we step back and I look at the beautiful piece we've created. "Wow we did a great job," Kai says excitedly. "Oh shit I'm gonna be late for something," he says looking at the time panicked. "Then go don't want to be late," I say "Okay I'll see you back at the house I'll send you the address " he responds running off.

We completely changed the car the regular black muscle car became a dark purple color with purple flames going across the side and on the roof, Kai added a skull that is primarily purple but surrounded by blue flames. I get so caught up in admiring it, that I am snapped out of my thought when I hear my name yelled. "CASSIE THT BETTER NOT BE THE RACE CAR" I see Eric with his head out the window on the second floor. "YEAH IT IS AND NEXT TIME DONT YOU DARE TREAT ME SO LOW," I say fuming "When I get down there your gonna fuckin get it," he says getting angrier. "You'll have to catch me first little bitch" I say and then run to the front, I stop when I see Manny across the street. But snap back to reality when I realize I'm wearing baggy clothes he wouldn't recognize me. All of a sudden I see the door swing open and outcome a very angry Eric. I immediately run across the street "Get back here you brat" he says chasing after me. "No fuck you," I say giving him the bird, "Excuse me," I say running past Manny "Callie?" he calls out. Making me stop "Manny good day to you," I say and he looks at me confused. "I got you," Eric says picking me up. "Put me down you asshole I have nothing to say to you," I say hitting him. "Oh well because I have lots to say to you," he says walking off. "Bye Manny," I say waving, Eric puts me in his car and we take off. I sit there fuming not wanting to even be next to him.

A/N- The photo above is Callie, Eric's, and Kai's outfits