Chapter 2

After a few months went by, Sanemi thought I as ready to start training. It was an intense..

I was so tried and helpless. The training was so hard, I had to first spar with Sanemi so he could know where I was at in progress, and so far I was at zero.

He tripped me multiple times and I fell on my head and side. It hurt badly an I almost felt my own tears.

"Get up. Well start your actual training now." Sanemi demanded. So I followed his orders and whipped the dirt of my cloths.

"Alright were gonna start off by running laps. Fifty laps around the garden." He demanded again. I began running around the garden fifty times. I was so tired after I ran. Catching my breath every second.

"..I see, I have a lot to work with.." He looked down at me. He told me to do more laps after.

——————————————-

Later that night

I was drained. I was tired, sleepy, and hungry.

Sanemi let me eat only because I actually did all fifty laps under 15 minutes.

"Tomorrow, we're going to practice swinging swords. So you can hold it properly and try not to die." Sanemi said. I nodded and just ate my food.

After we ate I instantly went to sleep. I was so tired...I just fell asleep.

'So..sleepy..'

The next morning I was awaken by Sanemi.

"Oi!..wake up.." He poked my head and pulled my hair.

"Ow.." I whispered under my breath as I got up from the futon.

"Get dressed. We need to get to training."

This pretty much was my life everyday. I trained hard and worked hard everyday. I learned how to run fast, gain stamina, and swing a sword properly.

Sanemi being one of the strongest hashiras trained me to the pulp.

My old self I once was, was gone now. I was never able to feel anything like my old self did. I was in the darkness, and no one could pull me out..

Why can't they..

Four years went by. It may be ridiculous but Sanemi made me skip the final selection twice, just for me to work harder. I was also still young.

But now, I was 14 and I was able to go to the final selection now.

(Btw the outfit you have on is similar to Kanaos final selection outfit)

"Alright here." Sanemi handed me an old nichirin sword for me to use.

"Your all set right?" He asked. I nodded and gave him a thumbs up. 👍

"Good. Here." He handed me a wrapped ohagi for a snack.

I hummed as a sense of a thank you.
(Basically it's almost like your mute but not entirely)

"Alright. Get along." He said.

I nodded again and made my journey to the final selection. It wasn't that far to reach, knowing that I am in the demon slayer headquarters area.

It was about a 2 and half hour long walk there.

I was a little more early so there was hardly anyone there.

When people started to gather all around. I notice Kanao was there. I met her before a few times when I was at the butterfly mansion.

More and more people came as well. I took notice of one person in particular. It was that one boy from before that I still remember from four whole years ago.

Same boy. Same appearance. Same attitude.

He stood off to the side waiting for the exam to start. I sort of just admired him from afar. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Eventually the exams started and my eyes were on these two small girls in purple kimonos with purple flower hair pieces.

"Greetings everyone..we all welcome you our final selection.." The girls said in sync.

"During this event you will all enter the mountain and survive for seven days.." The white haired twin said.

"We hope you all have luck on this journey and we hope to see you all in seven days.." The black haired twin said. The girls then bowed together.

"Good luck.." They both said.

During the final selection- you had no trouble getting around demons. It was easy for you to kill demons and get around easily.

You met and save a few demon slayers when they came around.

There was this one bot with yellow hair who you saved and he wouldn't stop praising you. He complimented on how pretty you were and he kept following you before you escaped him.

Man this was exam was a pain