Chapter 12

Your POV:

A few days had passed and I was feeling better than before. I was ready to finally go back on missions again!

Something occurred inside of my mind though. Everytime I'm with Genya, I feel my heart flutter like a butterfly flapping it's majestic wings.

My face feels heated up like fire, and I act so skidish too.

'Why do I act like this?..' I thought to myself trying to piece the puzzle together.

I wasn't stupid. I knew I felt this love, it wasn't familiar but it was new. I read in a few books before about love and war.

The tragedy's and the happiness that love can bring. Love is truly trial and error.

I didn't want to say anything though, I wasn't sure if I was 100% in love with him!

So I just kept to myself..

I heard about Tanjiro and his friends returning from a mission. Apparently a Hashira died..

I went to visit them a couple of times and Tanjiro seemed so down in the dumps. He must have been close with the Hashira then..

I just gave him some space to grieve.

———————————————————————

A few months passed by and everything seemed more brighter than usual. I went on solo missions from time to time and hanged out with the gang and Kanao too!

I also saw Genya a few times. Just thinking about him makes my heart burst!

But on this particular day I decided to go and do some catching up with Kanao!

"Do you ever wonder about these kind of flowers? Why they drip down like this?" I held up a bluebell flower.

"I'm not sure. But they do seem rather pretty." Kanao replied.

The two of us were walking around the garden of the butterfly mansion.

"You know. You've been acting a little out of character. Usual you would flip that coin of yours but now I've seen you use it less lately! That's good!" I smiled at her. She was a little taken back but then smiled with me.

"Anyways, learn anything new? I'm always excited for new things to learn! I feel so strong, but I want to be stronger!" I don't know why I was asking Kanao for new learning techniques when I am a higher level than she is.

Kanao was a Tsuchinoto and I was a Tsuchinoe.