Chapter 2: Roses for You.

Another busy day here at Congress, dami pinaglalaban. Ang daming problema ng Pilipinas. We already have our Independence but we haven’t even received the compensation that the Americans promised for all the damages the war has done. Communism is already threatening our civilizations and there’s much to discussed about it. We’ve been discussing and debating about this issues that we’re facing and once in a while after every session, iniisip ko talaga si Imelda. Break na namin at naisipan ko na bigyan nang bulaklak ang aking Imelda. Should I write her a note or just send her some flowers? Sakto dumaan si Julio.

“Julio? Matanong ko lang, alam mo ba san nagtatrabaho si Imelda?”

“Sa pagkaka alam ko nagtatrabaho siya sa Central Bank under someone. Why?” tanong ni Julio.

“I’d like to sent her some flowers, just to show my admiration for her.” Sagot ko.

“Oh, is that so? Dasalan mo Ferdinand na sagutin ka ni Imelda, di mo man lang ligawan yan, gusto mo pakasalan ka agad ah?” Sabi habang yumayango ulo niya.“Kape Ferdinand? Nang magising ka?” dagdag pa niya.

“Julio, I’m serious, I’ve never had this feeling with anybody, the urge of getting married and settling down, call me crazy but I really am crazy for her.”

“Okay fine I’ll call the flower shop for you, to send her flowers, ano ba e susulat mo as note?” tanong niya.

“I don’t know, just give me the phone, and I’ll talk to the store what flower to send, apaka chismoso mo talaga.” Biro ko sa kanya.

“okay fine, have fun on you journey to romance.” Biro ni Julio.

“Yeah yeah, get out!” sabi ko. Nung umalis na si Julio ay nag isip ako kung ano ang aking isusulat. Lumabas nalang ako ng opisina at pumunta sa isang flowershop malapit sa building, bumili ako ng 2 klase ng bulaklak, yung isa nakabuka na, yung isa naman tila nakalikom pa.

“Can you send this to Miss Romualdez at Central Bank?” pakiusap ko sa flowershop owner.

“Okay sir, and this is from?” tanong nya.
“Just leave it anonymous for now. I’ll call her after you send it. Thank you!” sabi ko naman. I bought her 2 roses with a note “TO MY IMELDA”

(Author: ako lang ba kinilig sa pwet?)

Lumabas na ako sa flowershop at bumalik na sa Kongreso to resume our meeting. After hours of discussing and debating late na kami natapos at pagod na ako. It’s already 6pm and for sure the bank is closed already. Did she received the flower I sent her? Did she liked it? I hope she did, the Flowers I sent her was as fresh as her.

“Ferdinand lalim naman ng iniisip mo, di kapa uuwi? Iniisip mo naman si Imelda noh? Call her if you want to talk to her.” tanong ni Julio.

“Uuwi na rin, yun nga, di ko siya natawagan dahil late na natapos yung meeting, tatawagan ko nalang siya bukas ng umaga sa trabaho niya.” Sagot ko.
After our small talks, I went home and told my mommy about the girl I want to marry.

“Mommy!” sabay kiss sa pisngi. “I already found the woman I want to spend my life with. And her name is Imelda Romualdez.”

“Im happy for you son, when will you introduced her to me? And a Romualdez, mapapasubok ka ata jan anak?” Sabi ni mommy.

“Mommy naman, parang wala ka namang tiwala sa anak mo?” hinayang ko g sagot sa kanya.

“No no, it’s not like that, I believe in you pero sana, wag muna paglaruan ang puso ng mga babae Ferdinand, sinasabi ko sayo. Please, if she’s the one you want to marry, let it be the last one, I think bagay naman siya sa iyo since she’s from a political family like ours.” Litanya ng mabait kong mommy.

“Yes mommy, I’ll pursue her to marry me. I’ll go ahead mommy, I’m quite tired from our meeting and I’m waking up early tomorrow.” Anya ko kay mommy.

“Go ahead anak, please Ferdinand you’re already 36, go and settle down already.” Sabi ni mommy. I kiss her at the forehead and went to my room to rest. Yet i still can't stop thinking of her, why am I like this? Why am I like to her?

To be continued...

to be continued ulit marekeks, gawa muna ko story line nila. Hahahha, impromptu gawa at published eh.
Thank you sa support marekeks.