December 1965

Since the day na na announce sa radio na nanalo si Ferdinand, most of our neighbor started swarming our home at San Juan, we are getting ready for my Inauguration at Quirino. The windows were shut closed for security reasons. I'm waiting for Imelda right now to be done, she's really excited about her being the first lady. She was talking to Julio right now, been so long din since she has seen Julio.

"Daddy, where are we going?" tanong ni Irene sa akin.

"We are going to Quirino sweetheart." sagot ko.

"Why?" tanong niya.

"Daddy is going to be a president of the country." Sagot ko, lumaki naman ang mata niya then her mouth formed in "O" as if she got shocked.

"Woah! Really, what is that?" tanong nito, natawa nalang ako, akala ko kasi naintidihan na niya.

"Daddy's new work sweetheart." sagot ko.

"Are you still going to smash a wooded hammer, like that?" tanong nito while she bang her hand on my leg, referring to the gavel that I used when I ended every session at the Congress, I sometimes take her with me or Bongbong, especially when their mom needs rest from them.

"Aw." I acted like I was hurt.

"Ooh, sorry daddy, are you hurt? I'll kiss it." Sabi nito sa akin then she kissed my leg where she punch it.

"Our sweet Irene, hali ka nga hug ka ni daddy." Sabi ko but right when I was about to scoop her in she backed out and blocked my hand.

"No daddy, my dress will get ruined, mommy will get angry at me." Sabi nito.

"Is that right? Let daddy kiss you on the cheeks nalang?" I asked.

"No, Me nalang po kiss in your cheeks." Sabi nito sa akin, so I just leaned my face forward then she kissed me on my cheeks. But after she kiss me, she wipes it with her hand.

"Why would you wipe it?" tanong ko.

"Wet daddy because of my saliva." Sagot nito.

"Haay nako anak ko, when did our baby bunso grow up so fast, gagawa na naman kami ulit ng mommy nito." Sagot ko as I was squeezing her cheeks softly.

"Daddy! Daddy!" sigaw ni Bongbong habang tumatakbo papunta sa opisina ko where me and Irene are.

"What is it, why are you shouting?" tanong ko.

"There's so many people outside the house!" he said, quite amazed with his expression.

"Oh, really? There will be many when wo move to Quirino." Sagot ko.

"They brought lots and lots of camera daddy!" sagot nito.

"How'd you know?" tnaong ko.

"I peeked at the window." Sagot niya.

"Didn't I tell you not to open the window?"

"Oh I forgot to tell you, it was just open." Madaling sagot nito, halatang ayaw mapagalitan.

"Kunwari, ayaw lang mapagalitan ng daddy." Sabi ni Imee while reading a book at my couch. She was with me all this time while we are waiting for their mother to be done with her make up.

"Hmm, can you kids stay here for a moment with Inday, I'll go check on your mom." I asked them.

"Oooooh, daddy is going to mommy, you two will kiss again ha?" Bongbong teased, I looked at him and he was just laughing.

"Yes! Gawa kami ulit ng baby." Biro ko.

"Gosh dad!" maarteng sagot ni Imee sa akin.

"Go already!" taboy niya sa akin.