Chapter 117: BBD

"I'll give up politics for the sake of your health. I love you!" then he kissed her and hugged her.

Nabigla naman ako sa sinabi ni Ferdinand, I never thought he would give up politics for me. Is this right?

"Darling, you don't have to do that." Tanging nasabi ko lang kay Ferdinand. I looked at the doctor with a worried feeling and asked for another options.

"Thank you Doctor." Then Ferdinand looked at me giving me a reassuring look in his eyes.

"You don't have to do that darling, you have sacrificed enough for me, let me do my part as your husband, since I've bought you into this." He said while carresing my hand.

"Well, I'll leave everything to you, also, just keep on drinking you daily medicines and everything will be calm." The doctor advised us.

"Can she be discharged any day doc?" tanong ni FEM.

"She will be discharged tomorrow or the next day." Sagot nito.

"Okay, then, thanks doc!" pasalamat ni FEM sa doctor and handshake, the doctor leaves us behind. Busy naman si Ferdinand na nag aayos ng gamit at bumalik pagkaupo sa tabi ko. He looked at me then smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" tanong ko.

"Because, you are still pretty as the day that I first laid my eyes on you." He said then brrushed off my hair at nilagay sa aking tenga. Umiwas na ako ng tingin sa kanya dahil di ko pa rin ako makapaniwala na dahil sa akin ay aalis siya ng politika dahil sa akin. Napansin naman agad ako ni Ferdinand, hinawakan naman niya ang aking chin and tried to lift it to look at him.

"What are you thinking my love?" He asked me in a soft voice.

"Nahihiya akong tingnan ka mahal." I answered honestly.

"Why is that, my darling Imelda? Tell me, please?" pakiusap nito.

"Well, are you really going to quit politics for me, Ferdinand?" tnaong ko.

"Yes, I will, just to make you okay again." Sagot nito sa akin then he squeezed my cheeks.

"You really don't have to, mahal. Just let me do the other option darling, I promise to be okay." Sagot ko. I saw his worried eyes looking at me.

"Mahal, please, I can't take seeing you so weak and sickly, I can't do this again to you." Sabi nito.

"Darling, you've been paving your way in politics all your life, even before you met me, many people around me, said you want to be President in the future, I can't take that away from you." Sabi ko sa kanya. He just smiled at me then held my hand.

"Darling, that was way before I met you and I have kids with you, that was when I was a bachelor, when I wanted to prove something for myself and for my parents and my late grandfather. Now, now is different when I got married to you. I can't just let myself and dreams be put first before you, my wife. I married you, and as a husband I have to do my part to take care of you and our children. I love you, truly, my Imelda. Kahit na di na ako maging presidente, it's okay, as long as I have you with me, and darling, I can't totally decide to becaome president in the future, Destiny will lead me there. But for now, my destiny is to make you better." He then kissed my hand.

"Oh Ferdinand." Tanging na sabi ko lang at napaisip nalang ako sa sarili ko.

Shame on you Imelda, this man, your other half your whole, deserved nothing less than all of you. No moment, since then, has been lived apart from him. His dreams, his visions and his commitments became yours, too.

"Ferdinand, just let me go see a psychiatrist and I'll try to cope up with this. I want you to fulfill your dreams darling. I don't want to be the reason to stop you from running from the office. I told you, you've come a long way in politics to be here, it's just one step away from your dream. Just let me see a doctor, and I promise to help you on your campaign. I will give my all to help you and become the President of the Philippines." I said to him.