Chapter 16: Walang Bawian

Kinaumagahan, nagising nalang ulit ako na wala si Ferdinand sa tabi ko. Tumayo naman na ako at inayos ang side ng higaan ko, since inaayos naman ni Ferdinand ang higaan niya pag babangon na siya. Pagkatapos ko mag ayos, sakto naman paglabas ni Ferdinand sa banyo na nakabathrobe lang at fixed na ang buhok niya. Naisipan ko na naman pong kulitin ang aking asawa sa kanyang umagang kay ganda.

"Pogi? Good morning!"

"Maganda, gising kana pala?"

"Tulog pa nga ako eh, nagsasalita lang ako habang natutulog." Sagot ko.

"Oo nga no, so dumb of me to ask."

"San ka punta mahal?"

"Sa tabi mo lang mahal, why are you already missing my body?" sabay hug sa akin na nanggigil.

"Eto naman nagtatanong lang, parang lumalaki naman ulo natin Mr. Marcos ah?"

"Hahaha, your sarcasm always amused me, Darling." Sabi niya sakin habang nakahug parin. Kumalas naman siya sa pagkaka akap sa akin.

"You have to get ready mahal, your dress for this afternoon is ready, tsaka dumating narin yung mag aayos sa inyo. Although you don't need to wear makeup na, cause your presence is already enough to gain so much attention." Sabi niya sakin sabay kiss.

"Hilig mo talaga mangbola mahal kahit di ka naman kumakain ng bola bola."

"You're funny love! Let's get you ready darling, also we're singing tonight, seems like they like your angelic voice the last time." Nanigas ulit ako sa sinabi niya. napansin naman niya ito and he lightly rubs my shoulders for assurance.

"Haha, you're going to be fine love; I'll be with you all the way until you'll get used on the attention."

I just gave him a smile the he went on to continue doing his thing. Singing always gives me comfort when I'm in a large crowd, so thus Ferdinand's presence. It's just that, I still can't get used on the pressure of people looking at me. Ferdinand was just at my side throughout the day, he is reading a newspaper while I was getting ready. I saw him at the back of the mirror looking so handsome.

He's wearing a light brown fit and knitted turtle neck that emphasizes his bulky chest, with grey check chinos with a pair of brown leather double monks' shoes. He looked up to check on me and smiled.

"Aren't you the prettiest Darling?" he looked at me adoringly.

"Don't you agree?" He asked the make-up artist.

"Yes sir, I agree." He answered.

"Please make her more beautiful on her own liking." He said the continued reading. I was just blushing all the time, can't even say a word.

After the makeup session, I stood up and went to Ferdinand's direction. He looks so stunned at the way I dress. I wore an off-white embroidered dress; my hair was fixed upright and leaves a little curl at my forehead. He stood up and leaves a kiss on the check the check me out again.

"Ah, before I forgot, here's for the last part." He pulled out a gray box with a yellow cultured pearl and diamond necklace and earrings in yellow gold laying so gorgeously in it.

"Oh darling, you don't have to buy me these jewelries. This is too much." I said still shock at what I saw.

"You don't have to worry about it darling, this is a gift to you and you deserve a very special one."

"Hindi naman ako may birthday Ferdinand."

"This is my late valentine gift." He took out the necklace on the box and help me wore it. He kisses me at the back of my neck and shoulders. He took my hand slowly make me face him.