Chapter 17

Something was bothering Jungkook and Taehyung could feel it. Taehyung could feel it in every action of Jungkook.
Jungkook's milky skin was shining under the moonlight but his eyes were dark. It was weird how the beautiful full moon was ahead of him and his eyes were only focused on the darkness of the horizon.

Taehyung was noticing changes in Jungkook's behaviour and no matter how much he asked he never got a proper answer. Jungkook always said that nothing is wrong, that Taehyung is overthinking. In the few months of being together Taehyung has never seen Jungkook being like this.

Jungkook was trying so hard to avoid all the hangouts with the group and if he went with them, he was just quiet all the time.
The dates seemed forced. The saddest part for Taehyung was how their kisses were losing the passion.

He felt so distant. Just like now the way his love was just standing next to him but he felt Jungkook was so far away. Far away that he couldn't reach him.

Taehyung stood beside Jungkook and leaned forward to look down on the street resting his hands on the railing.
"Careful Tae" Jungkook warned as his hands grabbed Taehyung's jacked.

"This thing is high enough babe."Taehyung's hands moved from the railing to the level of his ribs, comparing the height. Jungkook really thinks Taehyung can fall down from here?. Taehyung giggled at the thought and it pained him how his giggle didn't affect Jungkook the way it always does.

"Okay do whatever you want"Jungkook's focus was on the dark horizon again. Taehyung inched closer to Jungkook and hugged him. This was all Taehyung could give Jungkook, Only comfort. Taehyung's hand caressed Jungkook's back and Jungkook hugged him back.

"I'm sorry Koo. You know I hate it when you sulk."If only Jungkook had seen the cute pout on Taehyung's face ,he would've melted right away.

"I'm not sulking"Jungkook wasn't. He was just upset and it had nothing to do with Taehyung. All he ever wanted to give Taehyung was love.

Did he really need to brag about his misery to his love? Was it necessary to pull his mate in agony when he knew there's nothing they can do about it?

"You know I love you right"and when their eyes met, Taehyung's eyes were pouring love. He doesn't need to say it everytime. Even a blind person will know Taehyung's love for Jungkook. He was filled with love to such an extent that he couldn't contain it. It was out there for everyone to see.

Jungkook nodded, his glassy eyes giving away all the answers. That he knew how much Taehyung loves him. Screaming the feeling is mutual.
"I'm here for you. You can let your heart out anytime."
Jungkook pulled Taehyung into a hug.
"I'm alright Taehyung. It's nothing to worry about."Jungkook said but his body said otherwise as he squeezed Taehyung in the hug.

"You know it's nice to lean on someone when things get hard. Isn't that what lovers are for."Taehyung isn't a fool and Jungkook knows it very well.

"There's something I need to solve I'm not able to do anything."Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand assuring him he was there
Jungkook has been down for two weeks and Taehyung can't wait to get an answer anymore. He'll find out on his own and make this home happy how it is supposed to be.

...........

Soobin was sitting alone on the bleachers, singing a song which he was playing on repeat since morning.
"Hey, what are you doing?" he looked up to see who dared to remove his earphones and it was Emma.

"You again"He flicked her head "Yes , it's me again to disturb your solitude"she announced, stretching her arms.
"Keep bothering me and I might put some really good words for you with my roommate"Emma looked so done. Just then Soobin noticed two figures coming close to them.
"Can't you come up with something new. Always threatening me with my crush who dared to friend zone me"Soobin hit her head to make her Stop talking.

"Who's that brat who dared to friend zone you. Wait, you have a new crush?"She sequeled in surprise after hearing Jimin's voice. Now who's gonna tell him huh?
Dropping hints doesn't work with this guy so Emma thought let's just get over with this straight.

"You know I love you right?"Emma announced casually.
"How sweet, I love you too. You see, love is a very important part of friendship. We all love each other, that's why we are friends right!" Soobin fell onto the floor laughing his heart out.

Emma knew what was coming. It's not like she never confessed to Jimin before. Her words were always indirect, Jimin always took it some other way and today was the worst of all. God how was she gonna face these guys again?

You guys can't blame Jimin when he still thinks Emma hasn't gotten over Taehyung. Jimin is not dumb but he becomes the dumbest when it comes to girls.
Jimin was just confused, why would his roommate laugh like that? Did he spit something funny?

"Guys"No one responded to Taehyung.
Soobin was busy releasing endorphins. Emma just wanted to jump off some cliff and Jimin was just busy having a conversation with himself inside his mind.

"Guys, I really need your help."Taehyung announced loudly. Thankfully this time he had their attention.
"Tell us"It was Jimin. He saw the battle in Taehyung's eyes, as if he was not sure whether he should ask for their help or not.

"Do I need to beat someone? coz boy my hands have been itching since morning"Jimin was just trying to lighten up the mood for Taehyung and it seems it worked. Funny how he didn't get what Emma said out loud but got everything Taehyung's eyes ever said.

"Do you guys also think Jungkook is little out of it lately?"How could Jimin not know? He noticed how Jungkook would space out, how he looked like he's disconnected from the surroundings. Just like he was not with them right now. It was so not like him.
Seems everyone noticed but they don't know the reason just like Taehyung.

They were thinking of ways into talk Jungkook out and just then it hit Soobin.
"Why don't you just go through his phone?You might find something you need." Taehyung never peeked into Jungkook's phone. They respect each other's privacy.

"Do you think it's alright for me to peek into something he doesn't want me to?"Soobin facepalmed himself. They're trying to make plans to cheer Jungkook up, or talk him out, and his boyfriend can't peek into his phone??

"What's the point of having this conversation then?"Soobin was so done with Taehyung right now.

"Taehyung, you want to know what's wrong right?"Jimin caressed Taehyung's arms. Taehyung nodded in a yes.

"Let's do it then. We will try to do everything to cheer him up and you find out what's wrong. Tell us if it's something you can tell us, we won't even try asking if it's something you can't talk about. Let's just fix this however we can."

While walking back to his apartment his mind was still battling whether he should do it or not.

"I'm home"He closed the door and saw Jungkook lying on the sofa. Jungkook's eyes were fixed on a spot on the ceiling and he was totally out of it, he didn't even notice his mate's arrival.

Seeing Jungkook like this all battles inside his mind died down, He needs to get his Jungkook back.

So he stayed up late. He waved his hand over Jungkook's sleeping figure to make sure he was asleep. He picked up Jungkook's phone and unlocked it using Jungkook's fingerprints.

His heartbeats were erratic, time was passing by slowly as he went through the phone. After a good fifteen minute search he knew what was wrong.
He couldn't sleep the whole night, his mind was busy finding ways to help his mate.

A/N- Not me updating 2 in morning.

Do tell me what you think about the chapter.

Also is there anything you didn't like about my writing? or perhaps you think I need to work on that??

I tried studying the basic grammar of english, but man it's so tough..... it's really not easy for me to improve lol 🙈