13- Suzy Homemaker

Season 4 x 7

Barry, Katrina and Joe sit in the living room of the Devoe's house, as Marlize his wife offers them lemonade, "I hope it's not too sweet" she says to them.

They all take a sip of the lemonade, "This is amazing" Barry says, and Katrina nods her head in agreement.
"Just like my wife" Clifford says to them. "Somehow she finds time to take care of me and still keep an immaculate household. And her three-cheese macaroni? Second to none! Sometimes I think I'm the luckiest man alive" he says to them. "How can I help, you three?" he then asks them.

"The name DeVoe came up in an investigation of ours. We would like to ask you some questions, if that's okay?" Barry says to him.
"Why him? DeVoe's a common name" Marlize says.
"Yes, I'd wager at least 1,100 individuals give or take a few with that last name in the Central City area alone" Clifford then says.

"The names been identified for its connection to four separate criminal cases" Joe says.
"So, you think my husband is a witness to these crimes?" Marlize asks.
"No, we would like to eliminate him as a suspect" Katrina says to her.

"You can't be serious" she says to her.
"That's all right, Marlize" Clifford says to his wife, "do go ahead" he then says looking at the three of them.

"So, professor, what brought you to Central City?" Joe asks.
"I grew up in South Africa. After studying history and econometrics at the University of Johannesburg, I took a teaching position at Oxford. That's where we met" he says looking at his wife.

"Mm-hmm" she says, "he swept me off my feen and we have been together ever since" she then says and they laugh

"It did take a tenured offer from Central City University to lure me away from the Oxford faculty. That was four years ago" Clifford tells them.

"Question: Do you know Ramsey Deacon?" Joe asks as he hands them a picture of Ramsey.
"No, should I?" Clifford asks looking at the picture.
"What about Becky Sharpe?" Barry then asks showing him her picture.

"No, I'm afraid not" he answer.
"Ralph Dibny?" Barry shows him, and he shakes his head now, "Mina Chaytan?" he then asks Clifford showing him her picture.
"Mina Chaytan. Now, that name's familiar" Clifford says as he takes the picture.

"Isn't this the Native American woman that left abruptly? You know, the anthropologist?" Marlize says to him.
"Yes, I remember. I was so sad to see her go" Clifford says.
"So you were colleagues then, did she ever mention her work?" Katrina asks him.

"No, no, no, Mina was an animated woman. Then again, people like us who see education as a calling, we often are." He tells her.
"That painting" Barry suddenly says and Katrina looks to see he spotted a painting that had a very familiar Samurai on it. "Uh, it's beautiful" he adds.

"The samurai. They were formidable foes. They'd often make unstoppable enemies to their opponents. You wouldn't want to cross one" Clifford tells them.
"So you spent time in Japan?" Joe asks.
'The feudal history of medieval Japan is one of my areas of expertise" he answers.
"You must speak the language then?" Katrina asks.