42-Yay, Puns

Season 4 x 19

Barry and Katrina sit in Dr Finkle's office, they had set up an appointment for them to discuss losing Ralph, hoping it might help them both, but mostly to help Katrina, who hadn't really felt anything since losing him. "You know, it has been a few days since we lost him but...it just still doesn't feel real" Barry says to her.

"How close were you with Ralph?" Dr. Finkle then asks Barry.
"We were starting to get close, I mean it took me a while to see past the things that I didn't like about him from when I knew him at CCPD. But after some time, I think I started to see the good in him. Started to see the hero that he became" Barry tells her.

"You consider him a hero?" she asks Barry.
"Yeah, I guess I do" he answers.
"What about you Katrina? How are you feeling?" Dr. Finkle looks at her asking.
"Umm, well I'm fine really. I mean, I'm working through it" she answers.

"So, you weren't as close to him as Barry was?" she asks her.
"Actually, you would say we were closer, I mean at first I didn't really know him that well, but then we started working together, and he, uh, he..." Katrina stops for a moment looking at Barry.
"He was there for Kat, while I was in jail" Barry then says.

"Oh?" Dr. Finkle says.
"Yeah" Katrina sighs.
"And you're fine already? With his death?" Dr. Finkle asks her.
"I've had to deal with a lot of death in my life" Katrina says to her.

"Yes, you have

"Yes, you have. Your mother, Eddie, Ronnie, Laurel, H.R....Has Ralph's death had any impact on you at all?" she then asks her.
"Honestly I think, by now I just know how to deal with death, especially in my line of work, so it doesn't really affect me as it use to" Katrina replies, as a timer starts beeping, "Uh, I guess, we can pick this up later" Katrina says as she grabs her jacket.

"Yeah, um, same time next week?" Barry then asks Dr. Finkle.
"Or before if you need" she tells the two of them, more specifically Katrina, as they head to the door. "Katrina..." she calls out, and Katrina stops to look at her, "Grief is a complex emotion, that, as you know, deals on its own terms. There is no 'practice makes perfect'" she tells her, and she nods at Dr. Finkle as they two of them then leave the office.