Part 1

Introduction

~"Yooo I get to see you tomorrow!" Foolish chirped happily to a sleepy Punz over a discord call.
"I know. It's gonna be exciting." Punz smiled sleepily and yawned.
"Hey, you can't be tired for tomorrow! Get some sleep! It's a big day!" Foolish encouraged Punz.
"Ahh fine. See you tomorrow Foosh", Punz concluded sleepily. Foolish chuckled.
"Bye!" *call ended*~

                                   Part 1

Foolish walked up to the front desk in the hotel he would be staying at. Punz messaged him that he would be a bit late due to traffic, so he was the first to arrive.

"How may I help you today?", asked the lady at the front desk.

"Uh yes I called a few days ago about renting a room here? Room 3B?".

"Yes! You will be staying with another gentleman correct? Is he with you today?".

"Yes, but he'll be coming in a bit later." Foolish shuffled with his duffle bag on his shoulder.

"Alrighty then! Here's your key! The third level, door B to the right! I hope you have a wonderful stay."

"Thank you!", he smiled at her somewhat blindingly. Foolish retrieved the key and trotted towards the elevator.

"I wonder when Punz will be here. He sent that text over an hour ago. I want to be able to hangout before the event starts tomorrow." Foolish thought as he ascended in the elevator.

*ding* The doors opened and Foolish walked out. He arrives at his door and struggles to unlock it. He tries the key again. And again. And again.

"FUCK", Foolish yelled. Sighing, he pressed his back against the door and sank down. Pulling his duffle bag off of his shoulder, he pulls out his phone to send Punz a message.

3:49 p.m.
Foolish: Hey Punzo! Just wondering, when do you think you'll be getting here?

3:57 p.m.
Punz: I should be there in like 10 minutes. I'm at some gas station right now. Be there soon.

3:58 p.m.
Alright I'll be here C:

                      ~15 minutes later~

Foolish sighed scrolling on his phone, still sitting on the floor. He checks the time, 4:13.
Turning off his phone, he lays his head back and closes his eyes. Through his sleepy state, he heard slight thuds. Meh, probably nothing. He was comfortable and didn't want to open his eyes for the life of him.

Around the corner, a tall figure appears looking down at the sleepy brunette.

"Foolish?", the tall figure asked confused.

Foolish jerked awake to see Punz standing over him, suitcase in hand. Quickly, he grabbed his phone and duffle bag and scrambled to his feet.

"Punz!", Foolish said happily. He went to hug Punz with a bounce in his step.

"Hey man", Punz said as he hugged Foolish back, "why are you sleeping outside of our room?..." he questioned.

Foolish pulled away. "Ah about that. I couldn't unlock the door. The counter lady must've given me the wrong key or something so I had to just wait for you to come. And now you're here thankfully!", Foolish rambled on.

Punz listened to Foolish and stared at him when he was finished.

"What's wrong?", Foolish asked.

"You know you could have just went back downstairs and told her you had the wrong key instead of sleeping outside our room waiting for me. That's kind of dangerous", Punz lectured lightheartedly.

Foolish's ears turned pink at the realization.
"Oh I uh, guess I didn't really think about that hah...", he rubbed the back of his neck with his palm, wondering how he could have really done such a thing.

Punz shook his head and chuckled lightly at the embarrassed Foolish, opening the hotel door with the correct key. "I'll go ask her for the right key."

"Haha.. alright thank you", Foolish thanked Punz still a bit embarrassed. He watched Punz walk down the stairs and grabbed their luggage to settle in to their newly opened room.

Foolish sat Punz's heavy suitcase on the first bed he came across. Two twin beds against the right side of the wall with a nightstand in between them. He sat his bag on the other bed and saw a door next to it. Curious, he went to explore.

"Oh the bathroom. It's pretty nice actually. That'll be noisy since it's next to my bed, but I'm sure it'll be fine.", Foolish thought, closing the bathroom door. Turning back to his bed, the hotel room door opens to reveal Punz once again.

"I got the right key!", Punz said handing the key to Foolish. "Hey thanks for bringing my stuff in."

"No prob! I mean, it is the least I can do for the savior who rescued me from being stranded outside of my own room", Foolish smiled.

"Pft, of course. Anything for you," Punz slightly bowed sarcastically as they both laughed.

Punz and Foolish unpacked their essentials while talking for hours and hours. It was just amazing to see each other in person after so long of only being able to talk through a screen. Before they knew it, it was dark outside.

"Oh shit it's 10:30? What the hell?" Foolish said to Punz surprised.

"Woah we should probably get some sleep for twitch rivals tomorrow."

"Yeah yeah yeah, we should."

They both got into bed and turned off the lamp on the nightstand.

"Goodnight Punzo! Wow that's crazy to say to you in person instead of over a discord call now." Foolish smiled through his words, and yawned.

"Yeah, it's pretty surreal honestly. But yeah, goodnight Foosh."

Foolish chuckled and turned over on his side. He was so happy to finally see Punz in person. He was overjoyed, in fact. As he lay there thinking about all the fun things he and Punz could do over these few days, he silently drifts to sleep.