Chapter Twenty-Two Part One

I shifted in bed for the twentieth time in the last twenty minutes.

Tomorrow would have been the big day...

Stop it. Emily.

Groaning, I grabbed the phone to realize that it was 5:30 am. I sighed and resigned myself to stand up and take a long shower, in the hopes that it would make me relax a little bit.

It didn't.

Actually, it made it worse.

My brain wouldn't stop fussing about all the things that had happened over the last months.

First, there was the shock of Sam and Sonya. My blood boiled every time I thought about it. What made me angrier is to see how stupid I had been...I mean, really, there had to be some signs, right?

Sam had always been the flirtatious type. I just thought that he wouldn't act on it. But again, I was either being naïve or stupid, I hadn't decided on which.

And Sonya, the girl had only one friend. Me. That should have given me a clue.

The thing is that I was in love with this amazing, humorous and confident guy...but he wasn't. That's how I pictured him in my mind. The reality was far from it.

What would have happened if the wedding had gone through?

Would I ever found out?

The thought, things happen for a reason, popped in my mind.

After the last few weeks, that was beginning to be my life mantra. Things were so different now, for starters, I had changed country, and even though it may seem to be like I was running away, well, it started that way, it had changed my life for the best.

Living in London was proving to be great for me. I had Mom as my nosy next door neighbor, which was ok for me, a bubbly great friend as a roommate, a new job at a rising real Estate company, who seemed to be a great challenge, and...a really handsome and out of the ordinary...special friend.

As I walked down the stairs with my still damp hair, towards the kitchen, a wide smile played on my lips.

Scott.

Special friend? A giggle made it's way out of my mouth. Now, that was understatement. Although we hadn't been able to see each other again, due to his different activities and me trying to get a job, we had been texting through all day long over the last few days.

I started to prepare coffee absentmindedly, as I thought about him.

He was awesome.

Awesome was an understatement.

Not only was he incredibly handsome, Scott was really funny and outgoing with me. I shook my head smiling as I remembered all the klutzy things he, somehow, made me do. His dark chocolate eyes could probably hypnotize me to the point I would probably smack into the same wall more than once.

There were no sparks between us. There were freaking fireworks!

That frightened me.

I knew Sam for over a year before actually dating him and look how that turned out...and Scott...I only knew him for less than a week before we kissed...and all that tingly things and butterflies and klutziness were new for me. I mean, yes, I've felt them before, but never like this...

What if he was only playing with me?

Or that I was utterly wrong about him just as I had been with Sam?

That very thought scared me to death...because whatever I felt for Scott was growing...and growing fast...

"Ugh" I groaned out loud as I plopped myself on one of the kitchen stools in front of the coffee machine.