Chapter Twenty-nine

"OH.MY.GOD!"

My eyes opened to a small blonde blur across the room. Focusing, I smiled at Kate who a few weeks ago was completely shy to utter a single word to me and was now watching us wide eyed with an amused smile on her face. Hugh, Em's best friend was smirking behind her leaned on the doorway.

"EEEEWWWWWW I am not sitting on that sofa ever again!!" Kate huffed as she stumped to the kitchen like a three year old. Hugh shook his head smiling and followed her close behind.

Ha! The kitchen!

Wait until Kate hears what happened in the kitchen!

I chuckled and Emily's arms stirred beside me. The blue blanket kept us warm for the last two hours. She was wearing my black t-shirt and may I say that she looked absolutely HOT in it?

Her emerald orbs stared at me and a shy smile played on her lips.

She looked absolutely beautiful.

Her naturally tanned skin was glowing and her green eyes were shining as she looked at me. Those plump pink lips called for my attention, so I passed a thumb on them. Her warm breath caressed my hand as my own heart started beating faster.

Fuck.

I'm screwed.

Completely and utterly screwed.

"What are you thinking?" Em's husky voice asked me.

That I'm fucked up?

That I can't stop thinking about you?

That I have done the most unimaginable things for you?

Like driving after three am just to be with you. Again.

Like taking you to Paris just because you said you liked French food...

I shook my head. I'm sure if I voiced my thoughts Emily would run through the door.

I knew that she had already been through a lot. She was wary and somewhat frightened about the whole dating status. It must have taken a lot of courage from her to actually ask me on a date. Not that we weren't dating already. On my book, we were...I wouldn't actually do all those things for just a fling...

Actually, I didn't have flings. Period.

One tiny fact that she didn't know. And I wasn't about to let her on...

I shrugged, "nothing really..."

Emily rolled her eyes and smiling added "liar..."

My laugh echoed around the almost empty house. Em playfully slapped my arm and snuggled even closer to me.

"Wait until Kate hears about what happened last night in there..." I whispered mischievously looking at the kitchen's doors.

She pulled apart and watched me with wide green eyes, "you are so not saying anything to her!"

God I love those eyes...

They are the main reason I paid for that coffee. Those emerald eyes had me mesmerized from the moment she opened the door at Anya's pub. She looked completely lost and wary. Her eyes were a little bit red from crying, you could tell at first sight, but they were gorgeous. Her black sleek hair complemented them perfectly.

Who am I kidding?

The girl was stunning. I watched her from my spot at the counter and felt completely intrigued by her.

The doorbell rang and we both looked at each other frowning. I grabbed a hold of her before she opened the door, because, let's be honest, she looked amazing wearing only my t-shirt, but I wasn't going to let anyone else look at her like this.