| Fare |

The Duke sent carriage...

Y/n was completely startled. It's 5:00 in the morning. The arrival of the maids to her bed chamber bounced her back to her senses.
She was being bathed in steam water. They sprinkled frankincense behind her ears. And her wrist. Her hair was combed. "Sister, make haste." She heard Jo's voice faintly approaching towards her.

Jo's POV:
"Jo dear." I heard mama shouting at me.
"Yes mama." ( She comes hurriedly pushing few of her locks behind her ear. )
"Will you tell Y/n to hurry darling." Mama asks me pleadingly.
"Oh, yes mama. I will."
Man! I've to climb the stairs again. She says to herself mounting up the stairs.
"Sister, make haste!"
I pushed the door open. Oh my God! My eyes!

She was clothed in a lilac morning gown, with puffed sleeves ending at her elbows. She wore a pendant. That pendant sat on her neck, beaming all her glory. Her hair was curled, they dangled as she turns towards Jo. And she smiled.

"Oh my eyes!" She blurts out.
"Do I look that terrible, Jo?" She raised her eyebrows as the maids bow and left the room.
"Why, the Duke's never going to keep his eyes off you." She teased her.
"As if." She blushed while she put her gloves on.
"Look! My sister's blushing." Coming back to her senses. "Mama said to hurry." She gets up from the bed.
"And I've to sleep too."
"Okay sleepyhead, let's go downstairs." Y/n takes Jo's hand.

Viscountess POV-

My baby, my little angel approached. Her glory shined as she came fumbling her gloved hands. You make me so happy, my darling daughter. I'm sure, you're going to make your mama & papa proud.

She will go,
She will go to his place,
She will be gone,
Won't be able to see her pretty face!

Y/n's POV-

There stands the carriage, which will escort me to his highness's place. Dear carriage, you're a metaphor. You're a bridge between my home and his.

 You're a bridge between my home and his

"Well Y/n". The viscountess embraced her little peanut. Y/n craddled her cheek on her shoulders.
"How beautiful you look!" She exclaimed breaking off the embrace.
Y/n smiled through her eyes.
"Be at your best behavior, speak when you're being spoken. And never say "no" when you're being asked for a dance."
"Yes mama." Y/n assures her.

"How late are you?" Liz scoffs at Y/n.
"Liz..(Y/n chuckles)"
"The Duke's not waiting for you Liz." Jo gives her the teasing look.
"Mamaaa" Liz run towards the viscountess.
"Ah! You children, stop arguing. ( She smiles ) How I'll grief at your absence." She holds Y/n's hands.
"She's only away for few hours, honey." The viscount interrupts.
"Have the best of time." Viscount takes Y/n's hand and takes her to the carriage.
"Yes papa." She assures him and mounts the carriage followed by two of her lady-in-waiting.
"Come back soon." They all shouted as they waved at her.
"Yes, I will." She waved at them till they disappeared among the cedar trees. As the carriage carried her away, to his highness's place.