| A Day at the Boutique |

The morning began like the next act of a play. After the Viscount had his breakfast with his family, the carriage stood at the door, to escort the ladies to the boutique. Daisy kept waiting for mama in the hall as the club ck ticked. Jo walked down the stairs arranging her loosely hung braid.

"Mama isn't here yet?" She asked Daisy.
"Let me go and check it out." She gets up and walks towards the bedchamber of the Viscount.

"Mama (she knocked) we're getting late."

But instead of mama Martha opened the door. "Madame is sick miss." She bows and turns aside.

"Sick of what?" Daisy enters and sees her mother lying on the bed. Papa held mama's hand.

"It is that time of the month, and she has a severe stomachache." Martha follows.

Daisy sits beside mama, she could see the sweats formed in mama's forehead. "Oh Daisy sweet, I thought the pain would go away soon, that's why I laid down a little."

Daisy pats her mother's head.

"Honey why don't you take y/n along with you. She's good at picking clothes I say. She even picked the dress that you wore when you were christened. " Papa suggests .

"I wish you could come with us mama. But it's okay, we'll take y/n with us. Get some rest." (she kisses mama's forehead)

"Have a great time honey." Mama wishes her best for their journey and closes her eyes firmly.

Daisy comes to the parlor where she finds Jo sitting on the couch with her sketch pad.

"Oh Jo! Mama won't be coming with us today, because it's that time of the month and she's sick." Daisy expresses as she sets her footstep nearer to Jo.

"And?" Jo looks at her with confusion.

"And, Y/n has to tag along with us." Daisy plops on the couch.

"You wait here, let me go and get y/n down. I bet she'll be shell shocked when she hears about this." Hesitating a bit, Jo ascends up the stairs to get Y/n down.

Knock knock.

"Y/n!."

"Come in."

Jo barges in. Y/n keeps her needle and handkerchief aside stands up and turns towards Jo.

"You've to come with us because mama's sick it's that time of the month and we'd be so lost if you wouldn't." Jo pleads her without a pause, and her sentence sound so out of punctuation. She holds Y/n's hand staring at her pleadingly.

"A-alright I will, who's with mama?"

Well, it was easier than she thought to make Y/n agree to come with them. Jo was taken aback but she regains her consciousness.

"Papa is with mama, and he was the one who bore the idea on us that you'd accompany us." Jo made it clear.

"Wait for me downstairs, I'll come within a few minutes." Y/n hushes her out of her room.

"At the parlor then." Jo speaks her one last sentence before leaving downstairs, leaving Y/n alone to get ready.

Y/n puts on her morning orchid dress, wears the gloves and braids her hair. Her chestnut coloured hair dangles down her waist. She finally takes a shawl and marches to the parlor.

"Did you tell papa that we'd be leaving?" Y/n questioned the sisters.

"Daisy just informed mama." Jo stands up fiddling her gloves, and Daisy ties bonnet on her head.

Y/n leads the way. Daisy and Jo follow her. They arrive near their carriage.

"Mr. Smith take us to the boutique down the Abbey road." Y/n commands.