| The Vanity Fair |

The day finally arrived. It was the day that everyone awaited for long. It was the day where everyone would meet and greet after a long time. It was the day when Glasgow hosted vanity fair once in a year. Every reputed family used to gather at this event to make a donation to the Holy Cross childrens home. As someone said: "charity to some a duty, to some a choice". The noble families began this custom in order to help the children in need. Every penny that is being earned at the fair goes straight to the donation box. The Queen inaugurates the fair by cutting the strings of balloons filled with helium, and letting the balloons free in the air, and after that the confetti filled with flower petal is being exploded. The balloons represent the freedom of buying and selling everything from the stalls and to enjoy the day like a free bird. These stalls sold different delicacies, ribbons, handmade toys, scarves, slippers, books and everything that one has to lay his eyes on. It also held a talent contest where one was allowed to showcase their skill, like playing a piano, flute, violin and singing a Soprano. Last year an Indian boy won the contest, he played a flute and drove everyone to a serene place with its melody. The Queen even awarded him handsomely. As of this year, there were a lots of participants who would play the violin, and Jo badly wanted to play piano for the contest. She had been practicing Mozart's Sonata no.16 for long. But Papa asked her to play for the opening ceremony instead, to which she backed off from playing in the contest. :( This year Jo was going to play the piano for the opening ceremony and the Viscount's family couldn't be more happier. The vanity fair was not just about the materials and talents being showcased it was also the fair where the people looked forward to the gosssips, where young boys relayed their letters to their lady love and where the parents played match-making for their daughters . The queen, the earl, the marquess, the baron, the Duke, the viscount, the general and many more were to bless the event by their presence. All of the people were highly anticipating of what the fair beheld for them. The one that kept preparing for the vanity fair was Y/n. She kept on working with the handkerchiefs, mended her hair pins, and sewed her gloves that came from madame maragret immediately. She even pressed Papa's, Lloyd's and Ed's suits. She was elated to welcome the fair. This would be the fair where she would completely forget that she's 20 and make merry to the most. She was even more excited to meet the Earl's daughter Reese, of whom mama talked highly about.But we know what kept her anticipation high, i.e. the books.

THE MORNING-

The Viscount's house was total chaos in the morning, everyone was in a hurry one way or the other. They had their morning tea and began to get ready for the fair. The daughters will be going to the fair together, and it was like presenting them before the society. And as everyone gossiped, the Viscount's daughters were worth to look at. They even said that if you take a glance at them you have to take a double take (except for Luisa, she is still a kid). That's how elegant they were. They were also known for their kindness and softness in speech. And for them the Viscount was so proud. The sons of the Viscount were no exception. The girls batted their eyes when Ed used to pass them by, and as for Lloyd he had broke many maiden's heart. Who was to blame? No one. It was said that it was at the vanity fair that the Viscount fell for the Viscountess (who was once the barons daughter). Many approached her for marriage, even the general, but she fell for the Viscount because he made her laugh. The Williams family had grace and wisdom run through their veins. And today will be their eldest daughter's first vanity fair. The sisters came out of the room and closed the doors of their room at the same time, turned, sighed and looked at each other. "Oh my God!" they all cried together when they looked at each other. Jo's dress was peach coloured, with puffed sleeves ending on her arm, her skirt had many layers like an onion. The bodice of her dress was beautifully seamed with peach coloured thread. Her hair was taken in a half and was clutched back. Her hand embraced a gloves so sparkly as her eyes. Liz always preferred simple frocks, and hers was a high-necked baby blue gown, with lots of bows and ruffles on it. Liz's dress was perfectly seamed not a skin would she wanted to be revealed except for her face. She looked like the porcelain doll that the Viscount bought from China for little Louie. Her hair was curled and the curl fell on her shoulders. Daisy was cladded in a emerald coloured full-sleeved dress with sequins sewed on her cuff and the centre of her bodice. The sequins were covered with the fabric of her dress. Her hair was fishtail braided with tiny little flowers on them. Y/N was clothed in a scarlet coloured dress with puffed sleeves, she wore it with a pearl necklace. Her hair was tied in a messy bun, few of her small locks hung loosely beside her ears, they were perfectly curled. If only we could actually take a glance at the Viscount's daughters. They tied cocktails (hat with a net) onto their head, wore their shoes and climbed unto the carriage. And in no time they reached the venue.