| Regret |

It is noon, and Faint music is heard from the distance

It is noon, and Faint music is heard from the distance. It isn't faint to y/n's ears, because she is numb and all she can think of now, is the Duke. Y/N with her dishevelled hair sits beside the fountain. By her appearance it seems that she had been looking for the Duke for a while. She looked for him everywhere and finally found out that the Duke had to leave for home, that's what the steward told her. Hopelessly, she strolls back to the tulip garden. The same tulip garden the Duke took her, the same garden where she spat her gruesome thoughts to the Duke. She do not know what she should do, whether she could be forgiven or not. She is totally taken aback at the sudden revelation about the Duke. Her eyebrows creased in a lopsided manner and she pants heavily. She doesn't know if she could be proud of the way she behaved or be ashamed of herself. She regrets the way she spoke with him. She has been the one being rude to him while the Duke was nothing but kind towards her. She has been a total foolish that she could recall. She just wants to disappear all of a sudden.

"Y/N are you there?Where have you been?" Jo walks swiftly through the bushes. (Of the garden)
Y/n looks towards her blankly.

Jo comes running and takes y/n's face in her palm. "What has happened? Whats with your hair? You're burning."

"Jo." Her voice vracks. A small drop of tear falls on her cheeks that slowly glides down her chin.

"What happened y/n? You never cry. (She wipes her tears) Is it your periods?" Jo asks arranging y/n's hair.
y/n nods at this and sobs more. Jo doesn't know why she is weeping, she pats her head and embraces her sister. Jo helps her get up. "You stay here, I'll get the carriage, and ask mama to leave."

Y/n keeps waiting for Jo. She frequently wipes her eyes. Her nose is crimson by constant sniffing. And she looks pale. Jo comes over to y/n and takes her to the carriage. Jo looks sad, because it was y/n's first fair and she couldn't enjoy it to the most. And couldn't make the most of it. They get into the carriage. Jo keeps patting y/n's head continuously.

"I just wish the periods had not knocked in." Jo sighs.

"What did mama say?" y/n asked, her cheeks damp.

"She told us to hurry. And told that papa will send the physician over."Jo answers and is puzzled when she find y/n crying like a little baby. "C'mon y/n this isn't your first time. What happened?" Jo sounds concerned.

Y/n sobs in Jo's arms, "I'm a terrible person, I'm a terrible person." She repeats the word over and over.
Y/n's expressions worries Jo. "What happened?" Jo turns and looks at her face horridly.

"He would hate me Jo. He would hate me forever." Y/n bends her head on Jo's shoulder. Jo asks no more questions pats her head.

"You're going to tell me about it. And if he did ever hurt you, I'm not going to leave that man." Jo sounds harsh. And we know of whom they're talking about.

"What if I tell you, the fault is mine?" she whispers.

"No more discussions on this. After supper we are going to discuss regarding that." She continues to pat her head as y/n sobs silently.