| A Day Before the Fair |

Duke's POV-

We have the best tailors here at Edinburgh. Perhaps our tailors are best in the entire Europe.They will draw out your favorite attire in seconds if you explain what you want in a dress and a fabric. But the designer of the boutique has been ill for few weeks. And since the designer of the boutique was ill, we had to go to the boutique down the abbey road of Glasgow, that's where y/n resides. Nothing, we just bought few suits for my brothers, hats, and gloves too. I was thinking of meeting y/n when my work gets done.But I didn't knew that she'd come to the boutique today. I saw her today. But there were so many things which I wanted to ask her so badly. Did she even read my letter? Did she find it embarrassing of me to send her the letter? Was my letter writing technique good? Does she think that I actually wrote the letter? Why haven't she replied to my letter soon? There was so many questions that danced before my eyes. But I forgot all of them when my eye met hers. She looked effortlessly pretty. She was pretty. Maybe the cold air or something that made her cheek enhance a pink kind of colour. And there I ended up asking why she haven't replied to my letter? But changed the topic as she seemed a bit uncomfortable. I wanted her to know that I was not in a hurry to take her away. Or I was not imposing her to marry me. She can totally refuse my proposal if she wants to. I was just about to deepen our conversation a bit more when her little sister came and took her away to the other room. Ofcourse her sister bowed before me. How can she not? But I let her go because she seemed busy. They came here for a dress I guess. I'm glad that the designer was ill, if he would have been fine then I couldn't have met my y/n here. The locals say that madame margaret's dresses are worthy to wear and look at. And she has the finest workers of the entire Europe. But Edinburgh's dresses are fine enough to wear too. But after I saw the way she organised the sections of her boutique, I guess the people were not wrong . Jacob and me chose the hats, gloves and shoes. And as for the suits madame said they'll deliver it a day before the fair.

AT DINNER TIME-

"You didn't tell us get to meet y/n today at the boutique?" Sam looks at Tim

"It's not like I got to spend some time with her'" he scoffs and chews the food blankly and drops few pasta from his fork to the plate.

"What is with him?" John asks.

"He wrote letters to y/n, but she never responded his letters back." Nehemiah informs sipping his wine. Neh was the one who wrote his first letter.

"We met her at the boutique but she acted a bit uncomfortable around brother." Jacob puts in.

"Or maybe she haven't read the letter?" Joseph puts another curiosity in their baffled minds.

"Or she's just afraid to respond?" Neh makes his statement.

"Or maybe she prefers me than him?" James looks up at them keeping his fork down.

"Argh!" they all made disgusting sound and asked him not to dream.

"Hey, how can you even think of that?" John raises an eyebrow.