| Fabric |

The fabrics were super exquisite. Our beautiful Y/n couldn't take her eyes off them. Perhaps she wanted a dress of every hue that lay infront of her eyes. But alas! All she has to do was choose one shade of the fabric. She crossed her arms and begins to think. Joanne's wearing a baby blue one, Liz has chosen the peach one. What should she choose? That time that one colour that captivated her eyes was scarlet, she hardly wore any dark colours. So, this time she thought, maybe scarlet was her colour.

"I'd like to go with scarlet Madame." She hands over the fabrics to Madame Margaret.

"Splendid!" Exclaimed she. "I'll make magnificent dress for you lady." She clapped her hands and nodded at mama, mama nods her head sipping her coffee.

What was this, thought Y/n. She didn't understand what the vanity fair holds, that makes everyone happy. And mama being elated since the day she mentioned about going to the fair seemed unusual to her. She shakes her imagination and brushes her thoughts away.

"My lady, then it's done today, I guess." Madame Margaret packs her fabrics and asks her assistant to take it to the carriage.

"If you'll not be occupied on Wednesday, Daisy and I would love to visit your boutique." Mama picks up little Louie in her arms and follows Madame Margaret to the carriage.

"Not at all my lady, you can drop in the store any day you want (she pats Louie's head and smiles) well, I'll be off them." She climbs on the carriage and disappears after a moment.

Y/n is still at the parlor, she continues chapter 5 of Pride and Prejudice walking to and fro. Mama puts Louie to bed and comes back to the parlor. Y/n flops down on the couch.

"You don't know mama how relieved I am, right now."

"I guess there's not a single man on this Earth who's worried about clothes." (Mama giggles)

"I bet." She shakes her head smiling, "you don't know mama how confused I was selecting the colour of the fabrics."

(Mama seems not to listen) "Wait, is he obsessive over clothes." Mama's eyes shines as she knows perfectly of whom she's talking about.

"He who?" Y/n lazily closes her book and eyelid.

"Oh, sweetheart! It's the Duke I'm talking about." She places her hand over Y/n's.

Y/n came to her senses and sits straight up. She haven't talked about him since she has returned from Edinburgh. She just remained mum on being asked about the encounter. The ring of his name could even wake her from her death-bed. She has to counterfeit her emotions. She could not tell her mother that he is a kind of a rake who loves to toy with every maiden's heart. She couldn't let her mother know how deeply he is tarnished.

"Maybe he's not." (She furrows her eyebrows)

"But do you notice how well he is dressed. Even the maids and man servants aren't ashamed to watch him when he passes by. (Y/n seems unbothered) Well, your father was not much concerned about his tux's or suits or whatever. It was always me who would sit hours choosing a simple gown or even gloves or hat may be. Women always want perfection, you know." Mama looks at Y/n.

"Papa looks decent in everything he wears."

"Sure he does. (she smiles) Well, sweetie what was the letter that arrived today morning. Was it for you?" (Mama takes the empty cup and saucer in her hand)

"W-well my friend Hannah wrote to me." She stutters and looks outside the window and gets up taking her book on one hand)

"Oh, is it. Y/n can you give a call to Anna over here."