| When He Came Over |

The days passed swiftly as if one was turning the pages of a book hurriedly. The days went by, but our y/n couldn't make her heart stiff like before. Everytime she read those letters, her heart just swayed away. If she wasn't going to marry him then at least she could ask for his forgiveness. The misconception about the Duke that she held in her mind haunted her more. But at the end of the day she learnt to forgive her own self.

The preparations for Louisa's birthday began. The menu's were prepared, the tailors were fetched, the rooms were dusted and the shoes were being shone. The event was going to take place in their family and only few of the family members were invited including the Duke. It was the birthday eve of little Louisa and the entire manor was full of chaos. Everyone were busy in their own respective ways, except for y/n. She locked herself in her room and began thinking of what appropriate gift she should present Louie. She locks herself from all the bickering to get away from all the preparations in the house. Shutting all of her windows, she sits by the small window beside her bookshelf and begins to knit socks for Louisa. She knew exactly the measurement of each of her foot. She speeds her hand like a windmill fan. All she could think of now was to finish her knitted socks before anyone could tap at her door. And in a wrinkle in time she knitted the pair of socks within an hour. She was able to complete it because Louie had such a small feet. She then binds the pale pink knitted socks in a satin cloth. Seals it with a ribbon and ties it like a rabbit ear. She places them gently on the dressing table, just when she was about to open the door, someone tapped.

"Yes." Y/n opens the door. Jo stands outside panting.

"The Duke is here with his brothers. Father is asking everyone to hurry up." Jo shouts rushing back to her room.

Y/n slides back to the dressing table, checks her reflection in it. Satisfied with how she looked, she puts a turquoise hair pin on her hair and hurried downstairs.

The entire family, the cooks, gardeners, the seamstresses, valet, the brothers, the sisters, mama and papa, everyone lined at the entrance. The viscount and the viscountess stood at the front of the main carriage. The sisters stood side by side at the entrance.

Jo whispers to y/n "Are they here yet, sister? Are they all coming in?"

"How do I know. Let the carriage door be opened first."

The footman opens the door, y/n heart rise and fall at this.

The Duke got out of the carriage.

Was he wearing a long tailcoat? Yes he was. His hair was kind of ruffled due to the journey.

Did y/n's heart beat ran fast? Yes it did.

Tim greeted the Viscount with open arms, it was like he knew him for ages. They exchanged few words and he along with his brothers was coming their way. Y/n turned around for a few moment, closed her eyes tightly breathing heavily, she turns back again. His six little brothers followed his lead. Jo and the siblings came to realise that the brothers were not that little.

Jo gaped wide looking at them "Holy sh..." Y/n clears her throat at this, pinches Jo's slender arm a little and reposes back.

The servants bowed together at the Duke, and when he nodded they broke off the line, took their baggage to the guest chambers. The Duke greeted all of them with a smile and so did his brothers. He walked past the sisters nodded at them smiling his most charming smile. Then he took a halt infront of y/n.

"Your grace." She did a little curtsey.

He just plastered a dry smile on his face, nodded and walked ahead. His brothers giggling a little when they walk past the y/n giving her a warm smile.