Chapter 1🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻

Out of nowhere, a deafening noise—boom! Crash!—screeching tires against the hot asphalt, the jarring clash of metal, a piercing scream, and the flutter of a bird's wings disrupted from its peaceful flight, followed by an eerie silence

That is all you are capable of perceiving.

"Oh my gosh...oh my gosh...Noèmie, are you OK?" You heard an anxious shriek. You groan audibly as you lay on the hot tar road, trying to open your dark eyes in the blazing sunlight through the glass casing of your helmet. All you noticed was a pair of hazel-brown eyes peering anxiously over you, attempting to access the harm on your body. The face looking down at you began to flush with worry, and a flash of dread overshadowed her demeanour as she gazed with scared eyes as if she wanted to cry.

You squinted as you noticed your cousin looming over you, attempting to assist you. She folded her arm around your shoulders, helping you up into a sitting position. Little dazzling stars were swimming in front of your sight. You could already feel the start of a searing pain in your lower back. The knock on your head began to throb. You shot your hand up and clutched your forehead.

"Oh mon dieu ca fait mal! (Oh my gosh ..it hurts)...! Please, Ha-Ni, assist me in getting up..." Ha-ni supported you on your wobbly legs. The delivery scooter was lying on one side of the road, appearing unfortunate as your eyes failed to focus on the damages. One of the rear windows was shattered, and it looks a bit skewed.

You sigh deeply, imagining your uncle's rants if he notices the damage done to one of his delivery vehicles. You were suddenly shocked by reality when you both heard a door slam shut and furious footsteps walking in your direction a few meters away. All you could notice were the gleaming, snake-leather shoes in front of you, where you were still sitting.

"What the hell? Can't you read when the stop sign says stop? You stop! Are you a bloody moron!?" A man in a costly charcoal-coloured Armani suit stood there looking down on you, his dark eyes flashing with rage and exasperation behind his cool amber-coloured sunglasses and his hands exasperatedly flying everywhere.

You furrow your brows as you gaze at the rather sexy beau ( handsome guy). When a small snort escapes your mouth, you're unsure what hit you. You try to hide a smirk at the corners of your mouth. He reminds you of those passionate Latin males you remember from back home. So theatrical. But the situation is far from amusing. The man was enraged.

All you saw was your cousin jumping in front of you with renewed courage as she faced the angry man in the form of you. "Sir, please accept our apologies. She is unfamiliar with some of the new traffic signs." Ha-Ni tried to explain it uncomfortably. This guy exudes an intimidating aura as you return your gaze to your nervous cousin and then to the guy. What the hell! You are fluent in Korean. It was your right of way when you noticed a speeding black vehicle flying in front of you as if demons were chasing it.