Chapter 35🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻

It was the big exhibition day and earlier that morning your precious mom strolled into your room with folded arms

It was the big exhibition day and earlier that morning your precious mom strolled into your room with folded arms. You were the one that stood up very late. Anais and Ha-Ni took off earlier with your aunt to do some grocery shopping for the house and restaurant.

You felt so relieved that they left you to sleep especially when they saw how weary this pregnancy made you feel. Your mom had ample time to spend with her best friend and in the two coming weeks she'll be again with your aunt and her sister and you know your mom wanted to get you alone. Your whole demeanor for the past two weeks alerted her.

She knows that you are hiding your emotional state from her. And this morning she was standing in the doorway of your room watching you applying your make-up on your flawless skin. She noticed how pale your skin looked even if you tried to hide it with blushers.

Your eyes met her dark ones' inside the mirror

Your eyes met her dark ones' inside the mirror. She had a strangely calculated look on her face. Your mom is so beautiful; she was clothed in a designer Celine dress that accentuated her small waist, which you inherited from her. Her bronze-toned legs stood out contrasting from her off-white dress due to her summer island vacations.

"Good morning, Mom. You look étonnant (stunning) so early in the morning. Where are you off to?" You greeted her as you dabbed more cherry gloss on your full lips. Looking at your mom's reflection in the mirror made you smile. Your mom was always a very professional magazine owner and editor-not a hair out of place. But here on familiar ground, your mom looked relaxed and more serene.

She is a very beautiful woman, and few people might remember that your mom won Miss Teen Korea when she was just sixteen. She always wanted to travel, and she studied journalism and photography, which took her to various continents.Your mom was the beauty queen in their family, and your aunt was the nerd, who unfortunately (in your mom's 'opinion) married for love.

Your uncle had so many misfortunes in his life, coming from a poor family. But he is a very sweet and kind man who worked very hard to support his wife and two daughters and did his best to get them through university, whereas your mom knew how to gain the attention of wealthy guys who fell over their feet for her. She met your dad from a very rich political dynasty, and after a whirlwind romance, she fell pregnant unexpectedly, which led them to marry to give you a 'name and both parental involvement.It was only years later that you realised that your parents just tolerated each other for your sake, although there was a little love and respect involved. But your mom has wanderlust and she loves her freedom.