𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑

Chp 2:

It was finally after school. Uenoyama texted me to meet him at the small field of the school where we used to have lunch without any bother as there were hardly any students there.

I took more time to keep my things than usual to delay the meeting time. I was hoping that Uenoyama would go first and then I could just run away, but that's not happening obviously as he was intensely staring at me from his place.

'Urghhh...just go already...' I screamed in my mind and kept my things even slowly without realising everyone in the class had left including Shogo and Ueki.

"Hey, are you done?" Uenoyama finally got annoyed and spoke.

"Oh.. err, ju-just a momen- *gasp*" I gasped as he suddenly grabbed my shoulders and forced me to face him. I immediately lowered my head to avoid eye contact once again.

"What's wrong with you, Y/N?! Talk to me so I can understand! We are friends, remember?" He didn't yell at me but his voice tone clearly raised.

"..." I didn't know what I should say to him.

"Hahh... Damn it..." Uenoyama let go of me and turned around, maybe figuring out how to get the answer for his question.

I looked at him with mixed emotions.

And finally decided to tell him.

"I..." He turned around quickly from the moment I opened my mouth.

"I..I like you, Uenoyama." I was finally brave enough to look into his eyes and tell him the secret I kept for 2 years.

"Wha-??!" He was shocked by my words and a tint of red appeared on his cheeks for some reason.

"I-I was in the backstage area during the festival... and umm, I saw you and Mafuyu.. yeah." I peeped at him to see his reaction, but there was nothing but a shocked face. I looked back down and continued my sentence.

"I was a little hurt, but..but I'm okay, really. I'm just...telling you..umm, so you could understand? Yeah." I finished talking and patiently waiting for his response while hardly holding back my tears as my heart once ached again as I recalled the memory from that day.

I waited and waited, but I didn't get any response from him.

"Um, I'm leaving.." I grabbed my back and prepared to exit the class.

"WAIT!" He yelled.

I stopped at the spot.

"Um that, thanks for your feelings. But I don't think I can return it. I'm sorry..." He apologised.

"Ouch. That was straightforward." I mumbled.

"What did you sa-" He stopped speaking as I turned around and kissed his cheek.

He covered up the spot that I kissed and stepped back away from me, looking even more shocked again. The redness around his cheeks increased. I can't help but to chuckle at his cuteness.

"That's a goodbye kiss. A goodbye to my first love, hehe." I smiled.

"See you tomorrow then, Uenoyama." I ran out of the classroom as fast as I could.

So that he won't see me tearing up.

TIMESKIP

"Hi, brother." I said while entering his shop through the back door.

"Hi- WHOA! What happened to your eyes??? Did you cry???" He put down all his things to check on me. I shook my head away from his hands and claimed that I was alright then went straight to put on my work uniform.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Jeez...I looked so freaking pathetic.

"Oi, did something happen?" Brother appeared out of nowhere, leaning against the changing room's wall.

"Nothing." I gave him a simple answer.

"Did Uenoyama reject you?"

My eyes widened.

How..how did he know that??? I thought I kept this secret to myself very well!

"...yeah, I guess so." I forcefully squeezed out a bitter smile and walked past him to the cashier and served the customers,

to ease my pain I guess.

Brother stood there and stared at me but I couldn't care less. I took the customers' order and went straight to my brother, flicked his forehead and told him to concentrate and forget about our conversation earlier.

I don't want him to worry about me. It's a hard time earning money for our living already, I don't want to burden him more.

It was night time and we've finally done our work. Brother closed the shop on time and we went home together. He was trying hard not to mention Uenoyama and Mafuyu in our conversation along the way back home.

We were home after 30 minutes-ish. I was so exhausted that I didn't even beg for dinner and went straight to my bed to sleep.

"Oi, you need to shower first." Brother gently shook my body.

"Tsk...okay..." I really don't want to get up, but I forced myself to, since I sweated a lot today, and I would definitely wake up because of my own smell in the middle of the night.

I took a quick shower and then straight went back to sleep with my naked body and wet hair.

Brother stood in front of the door and made an annoyed sound then went to my bed, lifted me up while I was still closing my eyes.

He wrapped my blanket around me and then on the hairdryer. He started drying my hair and I am still half asleep obviously.

"I will always be by your side, Y/N."

I was startled when I heard him.

I then chuckled and hugged him.

"O-oiii, your boobs!!! At least put back that blanket, idiot!" He struggled in my arms trying to avoid any physical contact with my body.

'Pfttt, this idiot brother...'

............

MERRY X'MAS EVERYONE 💖💖