The truth

Chp 9:

"So...do you understand now?" Ugetsu casually puts down his drink and crosses his arms.

I lowered down my head even more and nodded as fast as I could.

'I should've known that was his ex-violin coach when I saw his aged face. Arghh! Why am I that stupid?!' I screamed in my heart.

Flashback:

"I think we need to talk...PRIVATELY." He smiled but I can definitely feel the heat of his anger coming towards me.

"Ahahah...I think I still have something to do, see you next time~" I quickly stood up and prepared to leave at the speed of light.

"Do you think...that I will let you go...JUST LIKE THIS?" I looked up at his face and I definitely know that I will end up dead if I leave this cafeteria.

He told me to follow him and I did it obediently. We walked to the place where he and that man sat.

"I'm sorry, sensei. My friend felt a bit lonely, do you mind if she joins us?" Ugetsu informed that man.

"Oh sure! Not a problem for me. Come here, sit down!" The man invited me with a kind smile.

But wait.

So this man is his teacher??? But it does make sense though... I don't think Ugetsu has an old man fetish.

I awkwardly sat down and blinked in confusion.

"H-h-hi...sensei." I bowed with my head.

Three of us then chatted a little. I literally had no idea what they were talking about as I don't really know violin, so all I did was nodding, saying "ohh, I see..." and drinking my fruit juice.

And then, the sensei suddenly has something to do. And so, both Ugetsu and I ended up alone at that table.

Flashback ends.

"I'm sorry...I thought you...you..." I can't spit out the words in my mind.

"you what?" He leaned his head towards me a little to hear me clearly.

"I thought you were cheating on Akihiko!" I screamed out those words, forgetting I was actually at a cafeteria.

I realised what I did and immediately looked around to check if someone heard it and I was lucky that no one was actually paying attention to us.

"Pft..! Me? Cheating on Akihiko? Come on, we're not even dating!" He chuckled.

"Huh?"

Wait, WHAT?

"We broke up a long time ago, but we still cling to each other like a parasite for some reason..." He smiled bitterly.

I have no idea on how to react to this. I just kept my eyes widened in disbelief and stared at him.

He saw my reaction and chuckled. He then continued his story.

"I met Akihiko when I'm in high school. We were classmates and then I somehow fell in love with him and we dated." He used his parents divorcement as a reason to come live with me in that underground room. We were happy back then." He stopped a while and continued.

"After graduating high school, I found out that I can play music freely when Akihiko is by my side. I've been struggling between music and Akihiko and in the end I chose music."

"I tried some ways to let him leave me for good but he and I somehow would always cling on to each other again. Until now." He stopped there and raised his head up to look at my reaction towards his words.