𝑈𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡

Chp 3:

It was the next Saturday morning. Brother woke up earlier than me, surprisingly. Normally, he would sleep until I kicked his ass up on the weekends.

I was preparing breakfast with my dearest brother until the doorbell rang. I took off my apron and ran to the door. Uenoyama and Mafuyu were standing in front of the door.

"Ohayo, Uenoyama and Mafuyu. What brings you here?" I tried to act natural with Uenoyama so Mafuyu won't realise anything.

"Um that, we have something to discuss with Haruki..." Uenoyama answered. "And you...." He continued after some hesitation.

I invited them to come in and informed my brother about them. He took off his apron and went to meet them on the dining table while I was preparing some drinks for us in the kitchen.

"WHATTTT?!!" Suddenly, my brother shouted and I was so close to dropping the glass onto the floor.

"What's with the fuss, brother??!!!" I yelled at him while holding out a tray of drinks from the kitchen.

"No, wait wait wait. Both of you are going to date, right? Both of you aren't dating yet right? Right???" Brother took a big sip of drink and then looked at both of them with a serious expression.

Hold on. What? Dating? Uenoyama and Mafuyu??

I quietly sat down on the chair beside my brother's seat and observed them.

"Um, not yet. I just told him my feelings..." Mafuyu said. Uenoyama flinched then blushed on his words.

'Wow, I've never thought of Mafuyu making the first move though...' I thought.

"Tch...Arghh..." Brother had no words to say anymore and sat down beside me to calm himself down.

"Does Akihiko know about this?" I asked.

"I mean, I asked for his advice before the show..." Uenoyama answered.

"Argh... you are the one who said that a band would drop dead when the group members are dating each other." Brother crossed his arms and frowned a little.

Uenoyama's head lowered down even more after listening to his words.

I was trying to convince my brother to accept them but that's when Uenoyama suddenly stood up and said something.

"Please...please let us date. We'll do our best." Uenoyama quietly said but it was still loud enough for all of us to hear.

"What?" Brother was a little surprised by how serious Uenoyama was towards this relationship.

I was surprised too.

"PLEASE LET US DATE. WE'LL DO OUR BEST!" Uenoyama said it more clearly and firmly this time while bowing to my brother.

My brother was too stunned to speak and couldn't give a proper response. Mafuyu also stood up and bowed to brother and asked for his acceptance.

"You...I... hah...." Brother sighed and sat back down on his seat. "Just make sure no one finds out, okay? Our band relies on popularity to gain jobs. Just don't let anyone know about your relationship and beware your surroundings...." Brother finally approved.

Now, the two lovely couples were too stunned to speak.

"Haruki!!!!" Uenoyama and Mafuyu ran towards my brother and hugged him.

"O-oi! Let me go!!" Brother tried to push them away but their hugs were too tight.

I chuckled and stood up from my seat to have a walk outside.