Cheating

Chp 8:

It's the next morning. Thank god I had a peaceful sleep last night.

It's school day today, so I have to go through all my daily school day routine and now, I need to prepare breakfast for TWO idiots.

I simply cooked some omelet and made some salad as breakfast for the three of us and went to school. Akihiko offered to fetch me but I didn't want anyone to misunderstand anything so I declined and walked to school.

I reached my class and some of the students were already here, including Uenoyama.

He was sleeping on his table so I quietly sat beside him and looked at some YouTube videos on my phone with earphones plugged in. I got bored very soon and looked around to find something to do. And that's when I saw Uenoyama's guitar.

"Oi, Uenoyama." I shook his shoulder.

"Yes....." He lazily answered and opened his eyes.

"Borrow me your guitar."

"Okay...." He buried his head once again into his arms.

I took his guitar and went out of the classroom to the staircase in the basketball court where Uenoyama and Mafuyu always meet since no one would even touch the door to the staircase at this hour.

I cautiously took out the guitar and tuned it.

"Okay, done." I mumbled with satisfaction.

I took a deep breath and started playing it.

"Whoa..." I immediately looked at the door where Mafuyu was standing.

"Ma-Mafuyu??!" I somehow got embarrassed and quickly shoved the guitar into the bag. "O-ohayo...hahaha..." I greeted him awkwardly.

What the heck? Don't tell me he was there the whole time!!

He casually walked towards me and sat down beside me. We remained silent as both of us seemed to be waiting for someone to start a conversation.

"Um..you're early to school today!" I awkwardly spoke.

"I'm actually always this early though..." He's awfully honest, isn't he? :))))

Then we remained silent again.

Just when I thought I would die in this awkward situation and prepared to leave, Mafuyu spoke.

"Do you hate me?" He questioned.

I was startled by his question but didn't give him an answer.

"Do you hate me for taking Uenoyama-kun away from you?" He looked at me and asked in a calm but impactful tone.

"I don't know what makes you think that way but no, I don't hate you. Love is not something you can force to happen. He chose you and I accepted my fate. It's just...like that." I sighed and answered.

"But you seemed to be avoiding us lately, you didn't even come to see our practice that often anymore..." Mafuyu said.

"Moreover, your relationship with Uenoyama-kun has become really awkward lately..." He hesitated a little before he continued.

Bro...he's observation skills are no joke. Even my own freaking brother can't tell it but he can???

"What do you mean? I didn't come to your practice because I need to study (actually not studying at all) and my friendship with Uenoyama is just doing fine (I don't think it's fine)!" All bullshit started flowing out of my mouth.

"Really....?" He doesn't seem to be convinced.

"Yess, I'm alright with both of you dating, I'm fine!! The bell is going to ring soon, let's go back to our class." I quickly found a reason to stop our conversation and went to the staircase door while Mafuyu was still sitting there staring at me.

"Come on, Mafuyu!" I shouted to let his soul come back to him. He quickly stood up and followed me.

After walking Mafuyu to his class, I went back to my own class as well. But what I saw was Uenoyama and Shogo wandering around to class searching for something with a worried face.

"Yo, what's going on? Did he lose his money or something?" I tapped Ueki's shoulder while he was just casually standing behind the class looking at those two idiots and asked.

He turned around and looked at me, and then looked at the guitar I carried behind my back.

"I think he's looking for the thing behind you." He pointed at the guitar bag.

I was completely speechless.

"Oi, your guitar is here, idiot." I walked towards Uenoyama and held his guitar to him.

"Ahh, thank goodness!! It wasn't stolen!!" He took back his guitar and cried in relief.

"But why is it with you though?" He asked.

"..." I stared at him, full of disbelief.

IS HE DUMB OR WHAT?

The bell rang and I didn't even want to answer his question so I went back to my seat. Thank god he didn't annoy me to answer his question.

TIMESKIP (AFTER SCHOOL)

"Yo, Uenoyama. I'm going to you all's band practice today." I informed him.

He stopped keeping his books and looked at me full of surprise.

"You...are you sick?" He came closer and touched my forehead to check if I accidentally burnt my brain with a fever.

"No I'm not! I'm going back home now!" I beat his hand away and left the classroom.

"Gosh, I'm hungry..." I gently rubbed my grumbling stomach while thinking if I should stop at a cafeteria to get myself something to eat.

That's when I walked past a cafeteria where I was 100% sure that Ugetsu was inside.

With another guy.

'Wtf??! Is...is he cheating on Akihiko??? No, I mean they fought, but they definitely didn't say that they are breaking up right???' I pulled my face even more closer to the cafeteria's tinted window that the staff thought that I was a weirdo and went outside and checked on me.

I awkwardly laughed and covered up my face so that Ugetsu wouldn't recognise me. I went into the shop and sat down at a corner where I could hide myself while observing Ugetsu and the other man.

"Ahh...I can't hear them!!" I silently screamed in frustration.

I then gave up on listening to their conversation and decided to just observe their expressions to see what kind of relationship they are in.

Then,

Ugetsu laughed.

I've never seen him laugh like that before. He's like sunshine right now. The smile doesn't contain any bitterness nor loneliness.

It's a sincere smile.

"Yabai, yabai! He..he! Ugetsu...cheating-!!" I quickly took out my phone and silently took a photo of them both smiling and prepared to send it to Akihiko.

Just when I was typing the explanations, I felt a huge shadow covering my body.

I raised my head up and froze on the spot.

It was Ugetsu standing in front of me with a scary expression on his face.

"What are you doing, Y/N....?" He's voice was calm but HE'S DEFINITELY ANGRY!!!

"I..uhhh...." I quickly exited the chatting app and shoved my phone into my bag.

"I think we need to talk." He spoke.

"PRIVATELY." He smiled but I can definitely feel the heat of his anger coming towards me.

Shit, I fu*ked up.