The Kid and the Interesting Ride

Chapter 4

The Kid and the Interesting Ride

We walked up to his door and I knocked. After a few seconds of silence I heard a boy’s voice tell me to come in. I pushed the door open and peeked in. A little boy was laid out on the bed in his light blue pajamas. He looked over at me and a bright smile lit his face.

 “Angel” he said as he sat up. I walked to his side and sat down on the edge of the bed and hugged him.

 “How are you my Little Monster” I said. He giggled as I poked his stomach.

 “I’m good” he said. I smiled softly. I knew he was lying, that he didn’t want me to worry about him. So I let it go. We sat and talked for a while and played around. It wasn’t until we heard the loud sound of thunder that I realized I would have to walk home in the dark while it was storming. I sighed and looked over at Trever.

 “I have to go Little Man. I need to get home” I said. He frowned,

 “Do you have to walk” he asked. I smiled. For a seven year old he sure was smart. I nodded.

 “Let my brother drive you. He will be here in a little bit” he said concern shining in his dark green eyes. I shook my head.

 “It’s alright. I don’t want to bother your big brother” I said.

 “Bother me with what” a familiar voice asked. I gasped and turned to see none other than Luka himself. He was leaning against the door frame staring at me.

 “Big Brother” Trever said with a smile. Luka smiled back and walked over to his little brother. I stood from the bed and walked to the other side of the room keeping my distance from the two of them. How had I not noticed the resemblance? Both of them had dark black hair and the same dark green hypnotizing eyes. I smiled as I watched the two of them play around. This was a side of the bad boy that no one ever saw. I lifted my camera and took a picture. As Luka saw the flash his smiled faded and he turned to look at me. My eyes widened in fear and I stepped back. I may be a fighter and know how to protect myself but…my past was not bright and when a male was angry it made me fear for my life.

“I-I’m so s-sorry” I stuttered. Trever giggled.

 “It’s ok Angel” he said.

 “I want to see the picture. Can I have it” he asked. I smiled and slowly walked to the other side of the bed watching Luka out of the corner of my eye. I showed Trever the picture and he laughed.

 “Please let me have it” he pleaded.

 “I need it for a project, but I’ll give you a copy of it to I promise” I said/ Trever smiled and hugged me, I flinched at the contact but smiled as I pulled away. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Luka frown. I really needed to go before he starts asking questions I don’t want to answer, ever. I cleared my throat and looked down at Trever.