Last Time

Chapter 35

Last time

    It was Sunday evening and I was sitting outside the house waiting to be picked up. Luka was inside making sure everything was turned off. I sighed, Luka had realized I had withdrawn from him. He tried to talk to me but I just smiled and told him I was fine, but in reality I was scared and crushed. I thought he would leave me if he knew what my father had done to his family. The whole gang would hate me if they knew, and I never wanted to see the broken look in Lukas eyes again. If I ever saw that look again I knew I would break, and there would be no one to put me back together. I would be gone.

Luka walked out of the house and locked the door. He sat down beside me on the steps and took my hand.

"Listen, I know your dad's scared you, but you have David, Day, your mom, the gang, and me to help you, you're not gonna have to see him again, I promise. I'll keep you safe no matter what it takes." He said. I sighed.

"That's the problem." I said. Luka frowned, but before he could say anything there was a loud honk of a horn. I looked over and saw a boat coming up to the shore and smiled slightly. It was time to go. Luka stood and held his hand out to me. I took it and took a deep breath, this would probably be the last time I would hold his hand. The last time I would see the house or the gang. This would be my last taste of freedom, I knew it, because as soon as I got home I knew he would be waiting for me, waiting to take me away once again, and this time there would be no help for me, because the only person who could help me would hate me. In the end I would be on my own, like always.

The boat ride was silent. Day kept everyone away knowing I didn't want to talk. Once we got off the boat Day took me to his care after saying goodbye to Night. I felt tears in my eyes as they hugged, but this hug was different. Day held Night tightly, as if he never wanted to let go. I knew that this would be the last time he saw or even touched Night. He would keep his distance so he wouldn't get hurt. This was all my fault. I knew it was. If it weren't for me they could be happy, and my mom could date David without the fear of my father coming back, and Luka...he would never have to know that it was my father who took his mother from him. He would never have to learn that I was his enemy, and I would never have to hurt him, but that's just the thing, I was here and, I have to hurt him to protect him...I have to.

I pushed the door open to my house and was met with David and my mom seated on the couch watching a movie. I smiled. They were adorable. My mom turned to face me and jumped up, causing David to jump to his feet and step in front of her as if he protect her. My smiled widened.

"It's just me." I said holding my hands up in surrender. Day laughed from behind me and walked in with his hands up as well.

"I'm Day. I live her too." He said. David smiled and nodded. My mom ran over to me and hugged me to her tightly. I hugged her back.

"I know."  I whispered. She nodded and pulled back, tears glistening in her eyes. I bit my lip.

"I promise you he will not touch you. He will die before he gets near you." I promised. My mom smiled sadly.

"He doesn't want me sweetheart, he wants you. I have David to protect me, who do you have?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Myself." I said. She opened her mouth to say something but I shook my head.

"No." I said as I walked past her. "I'm done with his shit, its stops here." I said as I walked over to the stairs. I looked over at David, my glare hard as stone.

"If she gets hurt I will kill you, as slowly and painfully as possible, and with my father's blood running in my veins I can find some very interesting ways of torture." I said. David nodded, slightly pale. I nodded and walked up to my room. Day followed silently behind me. I faced my door, my back to him.

"I'm sorry." I said before I walked into my room and shut my door.

Tomorrow would be hell, absolute hell.