My personal Hells

Chapter 8

My personal Hells

I pulled my black hair up into a tight pony tail and adjusted my hoodie on my head before walking into the old abandoned barn where tonight's fights would take place. I dyed my hair and wore my contacts like I always do so no one would know who I was. I didn't need another stalker. I sighed as I signed into a fight and walked back into the back of the barn where most of the fighters were. I pulled off my hoodie to show I was only in a pair of long black leggings and a dark blue sports bra a few shades darker then my ice blue contacts. I placed my hoodie down in the corner so I could get it later and walked closer to the ring to watch the fights. Maybe I could find a good fighter for my next fight. I was too busy watching the fight to notice that Day had showed up beside me.

 "He didn't mean it you know" he said. I jumped at his voice then sighed.

 "I don't care. He shouldn't have said such a thing" I said in anger. Day looked down at me.

 "He didn't know, and I saw the look on his face when he saw your scars. He cares" he said. I huffed.

 "He does not. All that was there was pity. I could practically see it running through his mind. Poor little broken girl. Poor this and poor that. I'm not poor, not anymore" I insisted. Day sighed.

 "I understand that, but he cares. He stood up and started to run after you but I stopped him" Day said. I turned and looked at him in shock.

 "What" I whispered. Day nodded.

 "He wanted to run after you and when I stopped him he almost hit me. His gang calmed him down so I could talk to him" he said. I tensed.

 "You didn't tell him did you" I asked, my voice shaking. Day shook his head.

 "I told him it was your story to tell, not mine, and if he wanted to hear it then he better clean up his act and gain your trust" he said with a firm tone. I rolled my eyes.

 "That will take a long time, and he won't put the effort in to do that. He doesn't care. He just wants to spread my poor pitiful me story all over the school" I said. Day opened his mouth to say something but before he could speak a voice rose above the crowd.

 "Now we have a fight between Skull" The Voice said pointing at a man with a skull painted onto his face, or maybe it was a tattoo. He stepped into the make shift ring and raised his hands, showing off his muscles and scars that covered his body, but these scars he was proud of. They showed how much he had been through and how he had fought to stay alive. Whereas mine were of me being weak and pitiful, someone who couldn't protect themselves against a man and his anger. I was pulled from my dark thoughts when The Voice spoke again.

 "The unlucky person to fight Mr. Skull is little Miss Shadow" The Voice said. The crowd parted to look back at me. I raised my head and walked toward the ring. I stepped inside and took my position. Skulls eyes roamed over me and I shivered in disgust. He smirked and took his stance and in that moment I knew this was going to be a long fight, he was trained and he knew what he was doing.

"Begin" The Voice said. Skull moved faster than I could track and in a second he had me on the ground. I gasped as my back made contact with the cement ground. I rolled to my side to avoid the kick he was sending my way. I stood and lashed out with my left hand hitting him in the jaw. He stubble back and I cursed under my breath. A throbbing pain had sprouted from my hand. I think I might have broken it.

 I was to focused on my hand to realize Skull had regained his footing and was about to roundhouse kick me. I looked up a second to late and his foot hit me in the side. I flew through the air and landed on my back once again. Skull kicked me repeatedly in the side and I yelled in pain as I heard my ribs snap under his assaulted. If I didn't end this fight or forfeit I knew he would continue to beat me. I took a deep breath and grabbed his foot as he kicked me once again and I twisted it. I filched as I heard a snap. He fell to the ground and held his ankle. I slowly stood up and looked down at him.

 "Are you done" I asked. He glared and stood up once again. I sighed and took my stance. We started at each other for a moment and my mind wandered once again to Luka and how he said he wanted to know me, but what really ran through my mind was was he going to leave me like everyone else in my life except my mom and Day? I was pulled from my thoughts by the sound of the crowd cheering. I zoned back into the fight just in time to see Skull swing at me. I didn't try to get away from the hit. I knew what I had to do, even if it meant I would be hurt once more. He hit me in the jaw and my head turned to the side from the force of the hit. I stumbled back like I was going to fall and I saw Skull relax, that was his mistake. I turned and kicked him in the head making him fall unconscious. The crowd cheered, but I couldn't hear them. They sounded as if they were underwater. I stumbled out of the ring and over to Day before I passed out and let the darkness take my mind and soul and leave behind the physical pain just for a little while. I fell into my nightmares. I went from one hell into another.