The Fear and The Mischief

Chapter 29

The Fear and the Mischief

I turned towards the door, unsure of what to do. Another knock came, this time a little louder. Then a voice drifted through the wood.

"Anna...are you ok?" It asked. A small smile graced my lips and I walked to the door and unlocked it before backing away. Luka slowly opened the door and stared at me. He shut the door behind him and lowered his head.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I shook my head.

"It's ok. I understand." I said, still keeping my distance. Luka shook his head.

"It's not ok. I was angry, but not at you, at that picture and the fact that it's still up. It should be taken down." He said, his hands closing into fists. I shivered as fear started to seep into my veins. I kept telling myself he wouldn't hurt me over and over again, trying to calm myself down.

"Why do you want it to be taken down?" I asked. His hands tightened and I backed away. I knew I had just angered him more, and it was scaring me. He kept his head down as he spoke.

"She left us for a man because she was pregnant with his child, because she loved him more than she ever loved my father, and now that man is our worst enemy. That man is the boss of our rival gang, meaning she is now the enemy. That picture is a lie! My brother was only months old when she left. That's the only picture my father hasn't destroyed. He hates her for what she did to his children and the gang. When my father passed down the leadership to me he also had to remind me that my own mother was the enemy and if her gang ever came close to us I would have to kill all of them." He said. He was shaking, he was angry, but his anger only hid his overwhelming sadness at the loss of the mother his brother never knew.

I stood there wanting to go to him, but my body refused to move, thinking that if I came near him then he would lash out and hit me, but I knew better. I forced myself to take a deep breath and slowly walked towards him. I wrapped my arms around his waist. With his height my head came up right under his chin, making him look up as I hugged him. His hands stayed to his side, balled into shaking fists. I pulled back and took one of his hands in mine. He shook his head.

"Please don't, I don't want to hurt you." He whispered, his voice tight. I shook my head.

"You won't." I said.

"I'm very angry, and I'm a gang's boss for fucks sakes! You know I'll hurt you. If you didn't then you wouldn't be shaking right now." He said, his voice rising. I shook my head once more and un fisted his hand and placed it against my cheek. I used my other hand to lift his eyes to mine.

"Calm down. You won't hurt me." I said as looked into his eyes so he could see my honesty.

"Then why are you shaking in fear?" He asked. I sighed and closed my eyes for a second and visions of my past flickered through my head. I reopened my eyes and stared at Luka.

"My heart and mind know you won't hurt me, it's my body that's still in defense mode every time I'm around another man, even Day." I said. Luka nodded and closed his angry and sad green eyes and started to take deep breathes, trying to calm himself. His hands loosened and his shaking stopped. I smiled, but it fell from my lips when he opened his eyes once more. The sadness had not left his beautiful green eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He wrapped me in his arms.

"Your body is still afraid of me." He said. I sighed.

"It's just because of my past." I said. He nodded. When he looked back down at me I saw mischief shining in his eyes.

"Then how about we change that." He said. I frowned.

"What do you...?"

I couldn't finish my sentence because Luka had swooped down and kissed me. I gasped in surprise, he took that as his opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. He pushed my towel off and I thanked the heavens that I hadn't taken my swim suit off yet. Lukas hands slid down my body and landed on my hips, bunching up the ties on the sides and pulling me closer to him. I shivered as he pressed himself against me. He pulled back and kissed down my neck. I jumped slightly when he nipped me right behind my ear. He chuckled and licked the small sting, making me moan. He pulled back and smiled at me.

"I think I just found your sweet spot." He said. My eyes widened and I blushed. He chuckled.

His hands still rested on my hips, his thumbs massaged my flesh. I sighed. It felt good, but then his thumb ran over my scars and I froze, Luka did to. He looked down at them and I tried to get away, but he held onto me tightly.

"No, don't run." He said as his thumbs brushed them again. I looked up at him in confusion. He smiled.

"I've already told you once that your scars aren't ugly, there beautiful. Don't run away from me because of them. I don't care if I can see them or not. I'm not going to judge you because them, I promise." He said. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said as tears came to my eyes. He cupped my face and kissed my forehead.

"You have nothing to thank me for. Now go get a shower, then you need sleep." He said. I nodded. He kissed me one last time before walking out of the room to let me shower.