Secrets and thunder

Chapter 18

Secrets and Thunder

I yawned and stretched, careful not to hurt my sides and back to much, but I had to move. We had been working on this project for over an hour. I laid back on the floor and sighed. Luka chuckled.

 "I think we got a lot done tonight" he said. I nodded and sat up.

 "Yea, I have almost everything I need, accept the pictures of you with your friends and family, and the football game, but I can get those tomorrow" I said. He nodded. A small silence filled the room and I felt my nerves rise. I looked down at my hands, to afraid to look him in the eyes. My mind kept wandering to the kiss. Did he only do it to stop me from freaking out? Did he regret it? He didn't act like it, but I knew people could act like they were fine, only to collapse behind closed doors. I yelped when I was lifted from the floor and placed on Lukas lap. He turned me to face him and rested his forehead to mine.

 "Hey" he whispered "stop over thinking it, ok" he said. I sighed.

 "I'm sorry" I said. He shook his head.

 "Don't be" he said. I smiled.

 "So what are we? What are we gonna tell your gang" I asked with a small blush. Luka chuckled and ran his hand through his hair.

 "Damn" he whispered. I nodded.

 "We won't tell them" I said. He look at me with sadness in his eyes.

 "I'm sorry" he mumbled. I shrugged.

 "Doesn't matter" I said. He sighed and buried his face in my neck.

 "I want to tell everyone your mine, but I'm a gang leader, a boss. If anyone knew then you would be in danger constantly. I can't let that happen. Dating me would be like signing your death" he said, kissing my neck lightly. I shivered.

 "Maybe I want to" I said. He pulled back and shook his head.

 "No, I will not let you die" he said.

 "Then what are you so scared of" I shot back. He sighed.

 "I don't want to have this conversation. We need to go downstairs. It's almost midnight, you need to go home" he said looking away from me. I sighed and stood up. As I was walking out Luka grabbed my hand.

 "Please don't be mad" he whispered. I shook my head.

 "I'm not mad" I said and gave him a small fake smile. I walked out before he could say anything else. When we entered the living room everyone turned to stare at us.

 "Are you all done" Ash asked. I nodded.