Sweats and Swimsuits

Chapter 25

Sweats and swimsuits

I woke up with a smile on my face. I didn't have one nightmare. All I could think of was Luka and how it was incredible that he could ever want someone like me. I got out of bed and headed for the shower, after I had gotten out I brushed my teeth and hair and dressed in a pair of black sweats and an oversized t-shirt. I headed downstairs my hair still laying limp and wet down my back.

I walked into the living room and stopped dead in my tracks. Sitting in my living room was the one and only Luka dressed in a pair of black swimming trunks and a light gray tight fitting t-shirt. I gasped and turned to leave but bumped into Day and Night as they walked down the stairs in there swim trunks. I placed my hands on my hips and glared at Day.

"Did I miss something?" I asked. He laughed.

"Surprise! We're going to the beach." He said. I sighed and turned back to Luka, he stood from his seat and walked over to me.

 "Listen, I know it's sudden, but I wanted to take you, and the gang kinda wouldn't let me go without them." He said, wrapping me in his arms. I frowned and looked over at Day who nodded.

"I'll let y'all talk. Come on Night, let's get to the car." He said as he took Nights hand and walked out of the door.

 "What's wrong?" Luka asked. I sighed and looked down.

 "I don't have a swim suit..."

"I'll get you one." He said, cutting me off. I shook my head.

"I don't want to go." I said. He frowned.

 "Why." He asked. I shrugged.

 "I don't like the beach." I said, lying. He frowned.

 "Day said you loved it." He said. I bit my lip, trying not to cry. Luka lifted my chin and made me look at him.

 "Is this because of what I think it is?" He asked.

 "My scars." I whispered as tears fell down my face. Luka shook his head and pulled me to his chest.

"Sshh, no no no. They don't matter." He said.

 "Yes they do! There ugly." I said. He shook his head.

 "They are not. Now listen, you will come with us to the beach. You will swim, and you will have fun. If anyone stars or says anything I'll deal with it." He said. I looked up and him and bit my lip. He sighed and pulled my lip away from my teeth.

 "Stop that. You'll make yourself bleed again." He said. I nodded, knowing he was right.

 "Will you do this for me?" He asked. I looked up at him.

 "I will, but I still don't have a swim suit." I said. He smiled.

 "Then it looks like we're going to the mall." He said. I smiled and hugged him one last time before heading to my room to change.

I blow dried my hair and changed into a pair of jean shorts long enough to cover my scars on my thighs and a light blue tank top. I grabbed my sunglasses and camera and went back down stairs. Luka frowned when he saw the camera.

"Why do you have that?" He asked.

 "More pictures for the project. Its due Monday." I said. He nodded.

"Ok, let's go." He said. I nodded and followed him to the car. The car ride was short but it was filled with music and me and Luka acting overdramatic while singing along to whatever was on the radio. I sighed when we pulled up to the mall. Luka laughed.

 "Come on. Let's get this over with so we can go swim." He said. I nodded and followed him into the store.

 "What about this store?" He asked. I nodded and walked in beside him. As soon as we entered the doors girls swamped him, trying to get his attention. I tried to back away from him but he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

 "Me and my girlfriend are looking for a swim suit, can you all please move." He said. The girls whined and some glared at me, but they moved and let us look around. I picked up three swim suits and tried them on. After I had chosen the one I wanted I went to check out. Luka stood from the chair he was sitting on and walked over to the counter with me.

 "What did you chose?" He asked. I sighed.

 "All they have are bikinis." I said. He laughed.

 "Yea I know. I also know you'll look great." He said as he paid for the swim suit. I gasped and tried to take his card away from the casher.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. He shrugged.

 "Paying for my girlfriends swim suit." He said. I sighed.

 "I could have paid for it." I mumbled. He laughed as he took the bag from the girl.

 "I know." Was all he said before he walked out of the store. We got back into his car and drove off. I was actually excited about the beach. It had been years since I had been to one. I was just worried about what people would say about my scars.

Ok so I read all the comments so yea I know what I'm gonna do. it may not be in the next chapter though. I'm sorry I didn't update I've been really busy. I know what your thinking. "Busy in summer" yea I am I'm getting ready for some dance competitions and color guard stuff I promise to update as much as possible