The Game and the Chance

Chapter 22

The Game and the Chance

 I smiled as I watched Luka and his team play. They were amazing. I lifted my camera once more to take a picture. Ash leaned over towards me.

 "You know he didn't mean it right" he asked. I flinched and turned towards him.

 "What do you mean" I asked innocently.

 "You're not just some game to him. He really cares about you. After you left he went insane and nearly destroyed the home gym because he thought you hated him" he said. I gasped.

 "Why" I asked. Ash shook his head.

 "He just says things too make him seem stronger then he really is. He doesn't want to look weak" he said. I nodded.

 The crowd went wild and I looked up to see we had won the game. I smiled and cheered as the team walked off the field. Ash turned back to me.

 "Go to him. I know for a fact he wants to see you when he walks off that field" he said. I nodded and rushed off to see him. I ran down the bleachers and onto the field. I saw Luka walking off with his team, but as soon as he saw me a smile broke across his face. He pulled off his helmet, his black hair was plastered to his forehead. I smiled and took a picture of him, but before I could take another I was lifted and spun around in circles. I giggled and squealed in delight. He set me down and kissed my forehead. I smiled up at him.

 "What was that for" I asked. He shrugged.

 "Just showing everyone your mine, and I just wanted to do it" he said. I blushed and looked down.

 "But you said..." I couldn't finish my sentence before he tilted my head back and kissed me. I gasped. He that opportunity to deepen the kiss. When we pulled back we were both breathless.

 "I don't care what happens. Even if someone comes after you I will protect you" he said. I nodded. He wrapped his arm around my waist and led me off the field. We walked over to the locker rooms.

 "Stay right here and I'll be out in a second" he said. I nodded. He leaned down and kissed my temple before running into the locker rooms to change. As I was waiting someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see Lucy. I flinched back. She gave me a sick smile.

 "So you think you can take Luka away from me" she hissed. I looked away. My anger was rising, but I couldn't do anything. I had to control my anger. If she knew I was a fighter it would just start another round of stupid rumors.

 "Hey" she snapped, pulling my hair, making me look back up at her.

 "I asked you a damn question slut, now I want an answer" she said. I still didn't say anything. She growled and raised her hand to hit me, but someone stopped her.

 "So you think you can mess with the bosses' girl" Dylan asked. Lucy flinched but didn't back down.

 "I'm his girl. Not this slut" she screamed. I flinched at the words she threw at me. Dylan shook with rage.

 "Anna is a wonderful girl. She's no slut. In fact, the only slut I see around her is you. You better back off because Anna might not fight you off but the gang sure as hell will" he said. Lucy laughed and yanked away from Dylan.

 "At least I'm not some half blind freak" she said. Dylan shifted and glared at her, but I knew she had hurt him. She turned to the others and started spitting insults at them as well. I saw red. My anger burned white hot, and I knew there was no way I was going to be able to control it now...

I slowly turned to face Lucy.