Get back to work

Chapter 17

Get back to work

We pulled up into the drive way to Lukas house and got out. I flinched as Luka and his friends pulled up and hopped out. Dylan saw me flinch and walked over to me and stood next to me in a protective stance. I smiled at him. He smiled back.

 "You ok? You seem a little shaken up" he said. I took a deep breath but nodded.

 "I'm fine, just not used to all the people yet" I lied. He nodded.

 "None of us would ever hurt you" he said. I nodded hesitantly. I saw Luka staring at me with pain in his eyes, but I looked away.

"Alright, I think we all need to get inside and let Luka and Anastasia get to work" Day said. I nodded.

 "Yea" I said quietly. We all walked into the house and were met with a large black lab, Ollie. I smiled as he ran up to me and licked my hand. I gasped when he jumped up on me. I fell to the ground and groaned in pain as my back and ribs erupted in pain. Night pulled Ollie off me and Day ran to help me up. I gasped in pain.

 "Stop, stop" I told Day. He froze and set me back on the ground. I coughed and tried to take a small breath. After a few minutes I calmed down and slowly opened my eyes to see everyone staring at me. Damion, Lukas father, had Ollie by the collar as he whined. I smiled.

 "I'm ok Ollie. It's alright" I said. I looked up at Damion and nodded. He slowly released Ollie's collar. Luka jumped forward.

 "Dad what are doing? He'll hurt her again" he said, but Damion shook his head.

 "He's fine" he said. Ollie slowly walked towards me and whined. I smiled at him and patted his head.

 "I'm ok" I assured him. He barked and licked my face. I giggled and slowly stood up. Ollie pressed to my side so I wouldn't fall, I smiled and reached down and scratched behind his ears.

 "Good boy" I said. He barked again and his tail began to wag. I smiled.

 "Ok, I think I need to get to work" I said. Everyone nodded and I turned to Luka.

"Lead the way" I said. He nodded and walked over the stairs. I followed him up the stairs and down the hall. He pushed his door open and I walked in. He shut the door and I flinched, but didn't say anything. I sat my camera down and pulled out my notebook.

 "Ok, we'll have pictures of you drawing and playing football, and you and your friends and family. What else" I asked. Luka leaned against the door and stared at me.

 "The picture of me blushing" he said. I shook my head.

 "No, I deleted that" I mumbled. He sighed.

 "That's a lie" he said. I flinched and looked down, not wanting to meet his eyes. I didn't want to see his anger. I heard him walking towards me and tensed. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me gently. I stayed still, unsure of what to do.

 "I'm so sorry" he whispered. I frowned.

 "What" I asked. He pulled back and cupped my face. I flinched again. He sighed.

 "For that" he whispered. I shook my head.

 "It's not your fault" I said. He looked down.

 "You were getting better. You weren't flinching around me as much, but then...then I had to yell at you, I scared you" he said. I shook my head.

 "It's not your fault. I shouldn't have taken the picture..."

 "No, it is my fault. I don't know what came over me, but I shouldn't have don't that. Please trust me, I would never hurt you. Please trust me, please" he begged, hanging his head. I lifted his head and gasped as I saw a broken look in his eyes. I shook my head.

 "No" I whispered as I shook my head. I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"I hate that look. No, please, please no. It's not your fault. It's not, it's not" I said as tears fell from my eyes. I felt Luka cup my face and force me to look at him, but I continued to shake my head. I backed away from him until my back hit a wall. My heart was racing and my breathing was coming in short gasps.

"No" I whispered again. Luka walked up to me and did something I would have never imagined, he kissed me. I gasped as his lips moved against mine. He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him. He pulled back and nibbled on my bottom lip then rested his forehead against mine as we tried to bring our breathing under control.

 "It's not your fault" I said. He nodded and kissed me once more. He licked my bottom lip and I opened for him. He groaned and pushed me harder against the wall. I moaned as our tongues danced together. He pulled back once more and smiled. I looked down at my feet and blushed. That was my first kiss, I can't believe I just did that. He must have known where my mind was because he pulled me into a hug.

 "Was that your first kiss" He whispered. I nodded and he tightened his arms around me.

 "I'm sorry" he whispered. I pulled back and looked at him confused.

 "Why" I asked. He looked down.

 "You deserve someone way better than me..."

"No, don't start" I said as I cupped his face.

 "You're amazing, and any girl would be lucky to have you" I whispered and kissed him softly. He smile. I smiled back.

 "Now I think we need to get some work done" I said. He chuckled.

 "I think your right" he said.