Trust?

Chapter 10

Trust?

I got out of the shower and dried before walking over to the mirror to see the extent of the damage. I sighed as I saw an ugly bruise across my jaw and another along my ribs. I turned so I could see my back and winced in pain, my entire back was black and blue. It hurt to move at all. I raised my wrist to see it was a little swollen and bruised but not as bad as the rest of my injuries.

 I turned and slowly dressed in a pair of dark gray sweat pants and a dark green long sleeve shirt. I brushed through my long dark hair and left it to air dry. I took a small breath and tried to steady my heartbeat and my nerves. I turned to the bathroom door and slowly opened it and walked back into my room. Luka was still sitting in the same chair I had left him in but he had rested his arms on the bed and laid his head on them. I couldn't see his face but from his deep even breathing and light snores I could tell he was asleep. I was tempted to let him sleep, he seemed really tired.

 "He left with me after second period when he finally got me to tell him what happened to you" Day said from behind me. I jumped and hissed in pain. Day smiled and walked over to my side.

 "He followed me around trying to find out what happed. I wouldn't have told him anything but I saw real concern in his eyes, he cares for you. I don't know how or why but he really cares about you. I think you should trust him, just a little bit, and see where it goes. You should have seen his face when I told him you were at home because you passed out from injuries, he was terrified and begged me to take him to you. He wanted to see you, to know you were ok" he said in a hushed voice. I sighed and nodded.

 "Ok I'll try, but the only people who knows all of my past are you and my mom" I said. Day nodded.

 "I know, but maybe it's time to let someone else in and let them heal you" he said. I shook my head at the ridiculous thought of someone healing me.

 "I'm far too broken for anyone to heal me, you know that" I whispered. Day shook his head.

 "You can be fixed, I know you can, and I think he's the person who can do it" he said. I looked over at Luka, he was still asleep, oblivious to our conversation.

 "Fine" I whispered. Day smiled and kissed my cheek. I flinched a little but smiled.

 "Alright, I'll leave you alone to talk. I need to get back down to the living room and see if Lukas gang has completely destroyed it yet or not" he said. I looked at him with wide eyes.

 "Why are they all here" I asked. Day shrugged.

 "They were all worried about you" he said. I rolled my eyes. Day smiled.

 "Just talk to him, ok" he said. I nodded and he walked out the door shutting it softly behind him.

I slowly walked over to Luka and nudged his arm. He groaned quietly but didn't wake up. I nudged him again but he still didn't move. I sighed and sat down beside his arms and tapped his arm.

 "Wake up" I said softly. He groaned and lifted his head slowly. I giggled as he wiped the sleep from his eyes making him seem like a child. He stretched but froze when his eyes landed on my face, or my bruise I should say. He growled and leaned forward, reaching for me. I flinched back and tried not to scream. He froze once again and raised his hands in surrender slowly, trying not to scare me anymore then he already had.

 "Hey" he said softly "I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise, just let me see" he said, but he made no move to come towards me again. My eyes widened as I realized he wanted me to come to him. I slowly moved toward him, he still didn't move. I sat right in front of him on the bed in between his legs as he sat on the chair. I took one of his hands and gently placed it on my jaw and flinched a little. He sighed and cupped my face, tilting my head to examine the bruise.

 "It's not broken" he whispered. I shook my head.

 "O-only bruised" I stuttered. He nodded.

 "Who did this to you" he whispered. I flinched, not wanting to answer his question. I shook my head. He sighed and lowered his hands from my face.

 "Please tell me" he pleaded. I sighed.

 "I can't" I whispered. He sighed and ran his hand through his dark messy hair, tugging at the ends in frustration.

 "Why not" he asked trying to keep his voice soft, but I could hear the anger behind it and flinched back, but this time my own anger flared within me.

 "Why don't you tell me what happened that night at your house" I asked. He glared at me.

 "That's known of your business" he growled. I flinched back but glared at him.

 "Then what happened to me is none of your business" I shot back. He sighed and stood up and started pacing the room.

 "I can't tell you" he shot at me, his voice full of frustration and anger. I sighed and sat back on the bed.

 "Then I can't tell you. If you don't trust me then how on this earth am I supposed to trust you" I asked. He sighed and rested his hands against the wall, his back facing me. I could see the tension in his muscles.

 "Ash was shot, as you saw. He was getting something for us and the other gang decided they wanted what we had, so they attacked and he was shot" he said. I sat still and stared at him, waiting to see if he would continue. After a moment, he did.

 "If it weren't for you he would be dead. I don't know how to take care of a wound like that. We couldn't take him to the hospital that would put us all in jail. Thank you for saving him" he whispered his back still to me. I didn't know what to say. He seemed to really care for his gang and their well-being. I smiled for a moment before it fell away from my face and I hid my emotions preparing myself for what I was about to do, and hoping I wouldn't regret it.

 "I can't tell you what happened to me, but I can tell you anything else. Just don't ask me to tell you about my injuries right now" I said. He slowly turned towards me and walked over to the bed and sat beside me.

 "Tell me about your scars" he whispered. I tensed and looked down at my body, hidden beneath my clothes. My body was covered in scars, covered in pain and secrets. I nodded.

 "Ok" I whispered.

Ok so I was wondering if maybe ya'll wanted me to update again today. If you do please comment and I'll try to get another chapter up today.