Chapter Eight: If we're playing this game, I must

"Merlin, that was a stupid thing to do," sighed Morgana as she looked outside her room seeing if Qwen was anywhere in sight.

"I blame myself for what happened but they are going to kill Arthur and I can't allow that to happen. Morgana, we may have this connection but we both are two completly different things as you said. I have to save Arthur even if its my fault that Gwaine has been banished from Camelot," I tell her.

"I'll help you," she whispers.

"Morgana, why would you even do that? Does your sister have a clue that you are helping me save the people who you and her want dead. You helped me once with the Goblin and again now? I really don't understand you, Morgana. Who's side are you on? Why are we even playing this Dangerous game? I need to know these anwsers but Morgana I admit deep down inside I have feelings for you and that kiss was amazing."

She looks at me and sighs. "I understand, good luck Merlin," she smiles as she opens the door to let me out her chamber. I nod to her and leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Merlin, why do you look so down? I know Gwaine still has to leave but Arthur is safe thanks to him," Morgana smiles as we stand in the corridor.

"I know, I just wish that...why am I even telling you this?" I ask myself and to Morgana as well.

"Don't ask me, did the kiss go to your head? I think its gone to mine, look Merlin you always do what's right and as much as we are opposite I can't help but like that. Speak to you soon, Merlin. Don't keep looking so down, those two men are dead Arthur is alive and at least Gwaine still has his life hey?" she smiles.

"Yes, you are right."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur sprinted in front of me while I was bringing up the rear with Morgana. Since we kissed the first time Morgana seems to spend a bit too much time with me and Arthur. You would have thought Arthur wouldn't let her come out of Camelot with us but no he had to give in like he has done for the past few days.

We continued to sprint bandits right behind us but after a while it seemed like we had lost them and we came to an area and we hide behind this rock slash dip area.

"Are they still after us?" I ask.

"I told ya we out run them," smiled Arthur checking the close was clear.

"Are you sure?" I and Morgana ask at the same time.

"Why is it you never trust me?" he asked us both.We both look back at him before the bandits come charging towards us. We had to set off again as fast as we could.

"This way!" Arthur shouts.

"Where are we going?" Morgana asks.

"Trust me," Arthur says as we run after him.

Suddenly after running for a while longer Morgana and I stop at the same time. "Arthur" we both shout and look at each other weirdly.I just felt something weird.

"What are you doing!" he shouts at us both pushing us forward.

As we got further in I had to ask Arthur something. "What is this place?"

"The valley of the fallen Kings," he says.

"Is it cursed?" asked Morgana.

"No," began Arthur

"It is" I say.

"It's a myth, they'll never follow us in here, they won't  dare. Trust me."

"You say that one more time," I whisper.

Suddenly we heard noise from behind us and the bandits started running towards us. We had to sprint once again to get away.

"Arthur, this is your fault!" shouted Morgana as someone fired an arrow and hit Arthur right in the back. 

"What was that?" he asks as I try to grab him and put his arm around my neck and shoulder. 

"An arrow."

"Arrow, oh good. For a moment I thought it was something terrible," he said as he faints and I can't hold him very well. 

Morgana looks right at me and see's my worry in my face and puts her arm on my shoulder. "He'll be alright, he is strong," she smiles.

I can't heal him with her here but maybe she would if I asked her too.

--------------------------------------

"How is he?" Morgana asks.

"I don't know. Come on, dollop head I need you to recover," I sigh sadly.

"Maybe I can try heal him," smiles Morgana.

"No!" I shout.

"Why not?

"I don't know," I sigh.

"You still don't trust me," she whispers as she sits right next to me and takes my hand.

"Honest truth, no."

"Is there something you are hiding from me?" she asks.

"No, I maybe...I don't know."

"Merlin you need to trust me," she whispers.

"Ok, you can try to heal him," I whisper.

Morgana started to try but she had no such luck. "Can you get some more fire wood?" I ask her.

"Merlin, please don't block me out," she says.

"If we're still playing this game, I must. Just get some fire wood," I tell her.

"Fine." I wait till she leaves before I try to heal Arthur but I couldn't do it either, I had no luck at all. What am I going to do?

I go over to the water to wash my hands as I have blood of them and I can't help but watch the tears fall from my reflection.

Why are you crying?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading guys :)

Let me know ur thoughts :p