Chapter Three: He won't expect our surprise attack

I looked down at the keys in my hand and sighed. I waited until nightfall and the guard in front of me drifted off to sleep. That’s when I slid the key into the slot and the cell door creaked open. I closed it too and ran for it as quickly as I could.

I reached the courtyard after some sneaking around but I was in the clear. I walked around the corner to find knights around the fire keeping warm. I began to sneak along taking into consideration that they could hear or see me at any second.

Suddenly the warning bell went off and all the knights shot into gear and all their eyes landed on me. This is just what I needed. As I ran for it I purposely dropped the keys on the floor before running for it yet again.

I had to figure out a place I could stay and quickly. The castle is too risky but would anyone believe Morgana would be keeping me? Don’t ask me why I’m considering her. I mean I know she wants to play this game and I’ll be stepping further in but the Goblin would never consider coming to look for me there.

I have one more option. This option would seem easier and better company as well as the fact that she will be more open to talk to Arthur then Morgana. I think I will stay with Gwen, hopefully she believes I’m not the bad guy but Gaius is.

I quickly rushed towards Gwen’s hut knowing the knights were nearby and very close to me. I sneaked along the lower town as best as I could before I arrived at Gwen’s. I unlocked her door with my magic before I went into the hut but I happened to bash into something and make a loud noise.

I watch as Gwen gets out of her bed and looks around. I sighed as I saw her pick something up. I went up behind her and out my hand on her mouth. She started screaming through my hand a bit so I quickly turned her around and put my fingers on her lips. “Shhh,” I said to her and she looked at me but she didn’t look angry which I was happy about.

-------------------------------------------

“We need to force the goblin out of Gaius,” I said to Gwen as I stopped looking out the window at the guards going past.

“And how do we do that?”

“I don’t know,” I said as I turned to face her. “I’ll try sneak back to Gaius’s chambers maybe I can find something in one of his books,” I smiled to her.

“What can I do?” she asked stepping forward a bit.

“We need to convince, Arthur. Maybe if you spoke to him, he might listen to you,” I said.

“No, I can’t,” said Gwen.

“Why?” I asked.

Just then someone knocked on Gwen’s door. “Hide, Merlin quickly,” said Gwen. I nodded and rushed to the back of her hut and hid so I couldn’t be seen.

“Oh Lady Morgana, what are you doing here? I thought you said that,” Gwen began.

“Let’s drop the small talk Gwen and let me in. I’m taking Merlin is here right? I believed in him about Gaius being this Goblin and I take you do too. The person he would come to I expected you or am I mistaken?” she asked Gwen.

“Lady Morgana but isn’t it,” began Gwen.

“Gwen, I helped Merlin escape. I couldn’t let Uther kill Merlin and you have to admit neither would have you if you were me. I’m still yours and Merlin’s friend and I need you to both know that. Now Merlin come out of hiding and tell me what our plan is,” smiled Morgana looking over where I hid.

Morgana is just too good at this. This game she is really serious about and I’m gonna have to play along now even if I tried to avoid it. As I said before I’m just going to have to win this game one way or another.