Chapter Thirteen: Here we go!

Arthur and Gwen rode ahead of Morgana and I. We want to give them some space, clearly in this situation they need it. I know how it feels to just want to be along with the person you love.

"I've got to meet Morgause tonight while they are both sleeping. You'll come with me right?" she asks.

"Of course, got to keep up appearances," I smile.

"Yeah, we have to try keep up appearances for those two too. I mean we can't be seen as close," she whispered.

"I'm sure they won't mind us just being friends, we use to be close," I smile.

"Yes we did. It's more in front of Uther," she sighs.

I didn't want to dwell on the subject of her father and I'm sure she doesn't either. "Yeah but just friends can't let them see it as anything else," I smile.

"Wait to the dead of night," whispered Morgana.

Even though we are facing a hard situation, I still love how Morgana and I can have a bit of a laugh and love each other still.

 -------------------------------------------------------

 "Hello sister, Merlin," Morgause smiles. I nod to her.

"So sister you head to the castle as planned?"

"Of course sister, Arthur plans to rescue Elyan and is going to walk straight into a trap," smiles Morgana.

"With you two with them, nothing can go wrong," she smirks.

"Arthur plans to use another route," I whisper. I wish I didn't say, I wish I didn't have to say that but I have to look like I'm on her side at least for now. If it comes to it, she may have to find out but for now keep up appearances.

"How do we give you the route as he hasn't told us where it is but he plans to use old tunnels," said Morgana.

"No a problem, Merlin I want to teach you a spell and you too Morgana. You both need to learn to gain more power, even if I bet I could learn a lot from you Merlin," she smiles.

"Yeah," I smile back.

-------------------------------------------------------------

 "Are you sure these tunnels are safe?" Gwen asks.

"Of course, I'm sure of it. No one can know about these tunnels," says Arthur as we head down the long tunnel with cobwebs everywhere. As I swot a few away Arthur laughs.

"Stop worrying about your hair," he says to me.

Suddenly a skeleton came out of nowhere in front of Gwen. She screamed quite loudly before we carried on our way. Morgana was looking at me out the corner of her eye and I smile to reassure her everything will be ok.

"This way," we heard voices from behind.

"How could they know," says Arthur as we rush forward but only to be cut off. Guards came at us both ways. Arthur, Gwen and Morgana raised there swords but it was no good. One of the guards grabbed Gwen and that's when Arthur and Morgana stood down.

Here we go. I hope we get out of this without secrets revealed or alive but hopefully both.

----------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)